London SE1 community website

Free Shard tickets [timeslot swapping]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Wednesday 19 December 2012 3.48pm
It seems to violate eBay rules to sell them one (see below). It's certainly disappointing for those of us that missed out to see people profiting rather than enjoying.

UPDATE: eBay seems to be removing these listings pretty quickly.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html

Tickets to free events

Most tickets to events where all tickets are free to the public are not allowed. However, eBay may consider requests from event organizers whether to prohibit the sale of these tickets. Examples include, but are not limited to, charity events, religious events, memorial services, and school graduations.
Wednesday 19 December 2012 4.19pm
Are the free tickets just a "one-off', or will there be more opportunities to get up the Shard?
Wednesday 19 December 2012 4.52pm
Well, you can pay to go up the Shard once it opens in February.
There are still some free tickets being given out tomorrow but you'd probably have to go to a library that was closed today.
Thursday 20 December 2012 6.32am
Hi,

Was lucky enough to claim a couple of free tickets on Wednesday but have just realised that the ONLY day we are busy in January is Saturday 26th, which is when we have the tickets for. I have two tickets for 1.30pm on the 26th and would be willing to swap for a Sunday slot. Please get in touch if interested.
Thursday 20 December 2012 9.18am
Big queue at 8am outside the library in The Blue this morning, I assume that they’re giving away Shard tickets, unless they’ve got a particularly good book in! Might be worth a look if anyone’s interested.
Thursday 20 December 2012 10.40am
Hi
I couldn't make it to John Harvard yesterday and queued up at the Blue Anchor this morning. I was about 25th in the queue and they had distributed their allocation before I got to the front of the queue.

If anyone has two spare tickets for Sunday (anytime) or is unable to swap their Sunday tickets I would be very grateful if you would be interested in passing on a couple of tickets.

Many thanks!
Thursday 20 December 2012 1.14pm
Bit late in the day but you can still get tickets at 2pm today at Brandon library off Walworth rd and Grove vale library don't know where that is.

This is according to S/C.
Thursday 20 December 2012 3.16pm
graham wrote:
Are the free tickets just a "one-off', or will there be more opportunities to get up the Shard?

just claim them on expenses

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 21 December 2012 5.06pm
Hi,

This could get confusing!

We too have been lucky enough to get 4 tickets for Sunday 27th at 1.30 but are hoping to swap these for 4 anytime Saturday.

Note, I am not replaying to Betty as my friend has already been in touch with her hoping to do a similar swap.
Saturday 22 December 2012 8.57am
Hi Betty,
not sure if you got my PM but Id like to swap with you if you are still interested. I have 4 tickets for Sunday 27th Jan at 2pm.
Thanks
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions