London SE1 community website

Free Shard tickets [timeslot swapping]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Thursday 24 January 2013 1.08pm
I'm not sure that swapping free tickets for personal gain (whether cash or in-kind) is really in the spirit of the original giveaway, or something I'd want to encourage on this website.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 24 January 2013 3.49pm
@James Hatts Yep, it's a difficult one and I did wonder whether to bother if truth be know given how people tend to respond

However, from my perspective at least, it is more accurate to view 'recompense' as being for queueing from very early in the morning and taking time off work to do so than it is to suggest it is about capitalising on the gracious and benevolent munificence of 'The Shard Inc' to the people of Southwark

Either way, it may suit someone who would otherwise miss out. Or it may not.
Thursday 24 January 2013 10.35pm
Anyone has tickets for Saturday 10 am that they would like to swap for later time 13:00 or other way wrong?

Please, let me know ASAP
Thursday 24 January 2013 10.53pm
Ultrapatrick,

I sent you a PM - did you get it?

K
Saturday 26 January 2013 11.48am
I am going today *happy face* can someone tell me where the entrance is please - not the main one because I read somewhere that you have to go to another door but it did not say where.
Saturday 26 January 2013 12.17pm
The entrance is in Joiner Street (the pedestrianised route from St Thomas Street to Tooley Street through the station) at the St Thomas Street end.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 26 January 2013 12.27pm
Thank you James.
Saturday 26 January 2013 2.38pm
Shard related stuff - worth a read here.
Sunday 27 January 2013 12.08am
I thoroughly enjoyed the experience today especially as it was buckshee. The staff were very friendly and helpful and you could stay as long as you wanted. I would definitely recommend it to anyone I know but to pre-book because I noticed the price for entry ‘on the day’ was an eye watering £100. The shop was okay and not too much tat but some items were rather pricey - I bought an official hard-back guide book which had some great photos and information for a tenner and a print of a view looking west in which you could see my house for £6.
Sunday 27 January 2013 2.46am
On a slightly lighter note, I'm doing the Shard merchandise photography.I was asked to come and see the products.I thought I'm in, a freebie from the viewing platform..The gift shop however is on the 1st floor
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions