London SE1 community website

Woolfson and Tay

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 3 January 2013 5.01pm
Have just heard that the fabulous Bermondsey Square bookshop Woolfson and Tay has shut down. It's apparently relocating. Very sad news indeed. Anyone know any more?
Thursday 3 January 2013 5.15pm
really-nothing on the site to suggest that is the case just says closed for hols? real shame if it were true
Thursday 3 January 2013 7.17pm
Their twitter account https://twitter.com/woolfsonandtay posted that they are closed for a holiday.
Thursday 3 January 2013 9.32pm
I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt until Monday 14th, being the date the event calendar on their website suggests they reopen after their holiday break
Thursday 3 January 2013 9.42pm
I walked past the shop and on the door they have put a notice saying that they have ceased to trade and that they will relocate in the near future.
Thursday 3 January 2013 10.20pm
They've posted on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2100901&l=96f1818438&id=127598650586302

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 3 January 2013 10.25pm
I think this is a hell of a shame, but I'm not all that surprised, as whenever I went in there I saw no one else spending any money. The same story as Crockatt and Powell, it seems to me: a good bookshop, run with enthusiasm and some imagination, but unsustainable in the current climate. I hope at least that the Riverside Bookshop in Hays Galleria can continue to thrive.
Thursday 3 January 2013 11.51pm
Oh dear. A great shame...
Jac
Friday 4 January 2013 9.34am
That is indeed a great pity.
Friday 4 January 2013 10.04am
I went in the night of the street xmas market and they were doing dicsounts. They told me they were not orderingin anymore stock before xmas. And now i know why. Very sad
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions