London SE1 community website

Woolfson and Tay

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Tuesday 15 January 2013 9.44am
Dave, I was referring to the bakery/restaurant almost right next to where Woolfson and Tay was - next to the Sainsbury store. Coffee has always been too aerated - milk is entirely froth and a very light cup! Coffee itself is probably very nice, but the way they make isn'.
Wednesday 23 January 2013 11.33pm
On the one hand, that's very good news. On the other, that's a very strange location.
Thursday 24 January 2013 9.51am
I thought the same, but thinking about it I can see they might pick up passing trade from people heading for the Tate, assuming they notice it, and those heading to the 123 Bankside development. I think the shape is more of an issue. I looked at it as a possible spot for exhibiting and rejected it due to the strange sight lines.
Thursday 24 January 2013 1.15pm
I agree, if they complained about footfall previously -omg. Also it is a shame they left bermondsey as there 100s of posh flats being finished off for bookish yuppies. I can only assume the rent is very much lower than Bermondsey Sq and there is lessons to be learnt for igloo
Thursday 24 January 2013 2.12pm
As a Bermondsey yuppie ;) I understand their reasons for moving but would have to make a special effort to visit them in that new location.
Thursday 24 January 2013 11.35pm
spartacus wrote:
Julia7239 wrote:
I have gone to maltby street market two sats in a row and lots of stall holders hadnt opened. Bit annoying

Some traders take a long holiday at this time of year because trade is relatively low volume and they can take the opportunity to have a break after the madness of pre-Christmas business. It may be causing YOU a bit of incvonvenience but give them a chance, perhaps they'll be back soon.

Thanks for YOUR shouty comment.. I said it was a bit annoying, Its almost the end o f January. There are holidays and there are holidays. There are also 3 maltby street websites regularly updated and active twitter accounts for most of the stalls as well as this forum. like any other business it would have been nice to tell regular customers they werent going to open to save me and others slepping down in minus temperatures...other stall holders also said it affected their business and it was peeing people off
Monday 15 April 2013 3.18pm
As of today the new shop is open

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 3 January 2014 2.30pm
Very sad to hear they're closing again :(
Friday 3 January 2014 2.45pm
I love books and reading and buy prob one book a week. I used to spend hours in bookshops but if I am honest I now buy mostly all new books on Amazon. This is totally rubbish and exactly why bookshops just can't make money. I also just don't have time anymore (from various domestic things) to get out to bookshops.

The awful thing is my above described situation is exactly the kind of world I don't want!

Awful again!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions