London SE1 community website

Heygate Community Betrayal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 12
Wednesday 16 January 2013 4.28pm
Calling Cllrs and Council officials Nazis or even comparing them to Nazis is really offensive. You didn't like how things went, fine, we get it, but really? Offensive and over the top insults are not helpful! James I expect you to moderate comments like this more strictly.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 4.43pm
Fair point. Yes, for the record, remarks which use references to the Nazis or similar terms as insults are likely to be highly offensive and provocative. Please avoid such turns of phrase on this forum; once you've gone down that road it's never going to end well. See also Godwin's law.

(For what it's worth m0destolafuente, your earlier email about this was blocked by the spam filter and I've only just seen it.)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 5.02pm
I must say that I am still in shock at witnessing last night's event: the Chairman's arrogance - chewing gum, shouting down objectors and answering questions for the developers when they were stuck for a response! It was utterly surreal. I mean I know that they are supposed to be impartial and that this is never the case, but he might have at least made an attempt to appear impartial!

Surely there must be grounds for a legal challenge to this farcical kangaroo court proceeding? What about all those objectors who weren't allowed into the meeting? What about the Human Rights Act - Right to a fair hearing by an impartial body?
35% Campaign website has some photos of the debacle: http://35percent.org/blog/2013/01/16/objectors-excluded-from-heygate-hearing/
Wednesday 16 January 2013 5.11pm
Apologies for being provacative...but if you have ever been to a palnning meeting you will know how incedibly undemocratic and biased it is...the phrase was used to incite feelings about how we use these systems to develop our neighbourhood, the place where we live and spend a good deal of our lives. If the results are not what any one person in particular wanted so be it, but if the system is managed so the result is undemocratic and highly dubious then maybe we should all be much more challenging in future.
Wednesday 16 January 2013 5.26pm
@urbanite: like (sorry for being all facebook)
Wednesday 16 January 2013 6.16pm
“They have helped to build this city, but while they did, they defrauded the city, state and federal government,” Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch

This is what she said about Lend [email protected] arm (Bovis) in the US just a few months ago..

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/huge-contractor-bovis-lend-lease-hit-fraud-charges-overbilling-jobs-city-article-1.1066636#ixzz2IAAGzj7f

The FBI described the Lend Lease US arms conviction as a systemic pattern of audacious fraud by one of the world's largest construction companies.

This is whom Cllr Peter John has just done a £1.5 billion deal with last night....
Wednesday 16 January 2013 8.21pm
I thought we lived in a democracy...how the eff. could they signal to get you removed because you raise a piece of paper? they must know they don't have a leg to stand on if the minutiae* are revealed...dunno if i spelt that* correctly!
Wednesday 16 January 2013 9.05pm
Donnachadh McCarthy wrote:
“They have helped to build this city, but while they did, they defrauded the city, state and federal government,” Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch
This is what she said about Lend [email protected] arm (Bovis) in the US just a few months ago..

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/huge-contractor-bovis-lend-lease-hit-fraud-charges-overbilling-jobs-city-article-1.1066636#ixzz2IAAGzj7f

The FBI described the Lend Lease US arms conviction as a systemic pattern of audacious fraud by one of the world's largest construction companies.

This is whom Cllr Peter John has just done a £1.5 billion deal with last night....

When you say "deal"is that what SC will be getting?
Wednesday 16 January 2013 9.28pm
I have been to numerous meetings at Southwark and I find being polite to, and considerate of my fellow public gets more done than causing a disturbance then insulting the officers and councillors for doing their job. The chair remained calm in a room full of obnoxious people. Good on him and you cannot insult a process that you are not fully engaged in. Many comments read like throwing the rattle out of the pram!
Wednesday 16 January 2013 9.49pm
I find calling people who are passionate about the community (enough to attend)worried about it's and their future, wondering why they were lied to and dumped on from a great height,having literally no say in it and carrying out a silent and dignified protest,obnoxious, really offensive.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions