London SE1 community website

Huge advertising hoarding, Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 28 May 2013 3.08pm
Great news. Fingers crossed but I wouldn't get too excited too soon.

As I said earlier in the thread the one on the corner of Trinity Street does not have valid permission but the council won't take action.
Friday 7 June 2013 11.15am
Hi All,

Just to let you know, Southwark Council have now served notice on Outdoor Plus, to remove the sign by the 1st of July, or the council will come along and remove it themselves.

Again, the company can still appeal, but in the mean time I hope the sign will be removed soon.
Friday 28 June 2013 4.08pm
New application for a hoarding at this location:
http://planningonline.southwark.gov.uk/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9550303

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 28 June 2013 5.33pm
The cheek of it !!!

I will be writing to the planning department this weekend, and will also chase up the council to ensure they actually enforce their removal notice !!

Not impressed.
Saturday 20 July 2013 9.24am
The grounds of appeal submitted by Outdoor Plus:
http://planningonline.southwark.gov.uk/DocsOnline/Documents/305886_1.pdf

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 24 July 2013 3.07pm
One of the most significant reasons they cite for appeal are other poster sites in the vicinity. They can't possibly be allowed to use the example of the one at the end of Trinity Street, when the council acknowledge this to be in breach of its consent?

The other nearby poster sites are at the junction of Borough Road and Borough High Street which is a distinctly difference street scene.
Sunday 22 September 2013 1.41pm
The sign which had been removed has been re-instated and I think it's in breach of the planning decision which I believe is for a sign on the wall of the Ruse pub - not for a free- standing monstrosity.....
Monday 23 September 2013 3.52pm
There are a number of beautiful mature trees right beside it - which makes it look even more of a monstrosity.
Tuesday 24 September 2013 12.48am
I spoke to the planning officer last week, and sent a photo of the new sign. I asked if this was what they had given planning permission for. The response was that the case has been referred back to the enforcement team.

The fight goes on
Tuesday 24 September 2013 2.06pm
Some of the delay/panic is likely to be accredited to the fact that LB Southwark are the landowners themselves and receive an income from the sign operators.

This isn't unusual, and has been declared openly. In such cases it is assumed that the planning service and committee are independent of the authority in policy terms and act without favour.

However it does mean that any problems are likely to be escalated higher, and dealt with more carefully, than those involving entirely external parties.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions