London SE1 community website

Tesco Tooley Street New Tills

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8
Tee
Thursday 14 March 2013 12.13am
Boss St Bloke wrote:
Mark - thanks for posting.
I have moved on from Tesco Tooley Street and rediscovered my local shops (the fantastic Circle Store) and Sainsbury's on Tower Bridge Road.

To be honest, the only reason I came to Tesco Tooley was convenience (laziness) but now you have the crazy tills, high prices and pampering to lunch time sandwich brigade I won't be back.

Shame really.

I feel the same. Back to Sainsburys. If only Tesco kept the larger SS tills, so i could pack my large bag NOT on the floor, after moving goods from the weighing area.
Thursday 14 March 2013 12.05pm
hey mark
please bring back the cream sodas.... you get a guy hooked then cold turkey take em away....
Thursday 14 March 2013 12.54pm
I went yesterday,after a 10 day gap, spent 32 and 'saved' a whopping 17p!

I couldn't get their own wholemeal bread, only 'stayfresh', which costs more. There was a gap on the shelf.

The trolleys are parked in a very inconvenient place, near the lift - necessitating a walk around the tills. Had there been a sign, I would have taken the lift, instead of the escalator.

We'll get used to it, and it is convenient for me - saving me the from the dreadful OKR store.

I found the all-male staff on the checkout very friendly and helpful, and good humoured.

I didn't have time to check the 'IT' section, but I intend to, if only to compare prices.
Friday 15 March 2013 6.31pm
I really like the quality of the new products. The bread from Emporium is delicious and very reasonably priced. I still would not buy ready made meals from Tesco. I prefer Waitrose but yesterday, after my visit, I went to the manager to congratulate him on the new layout and the selection on offer. I must also confess that I love Harris and Hoddle even if it belongs (49%) to Tesco. I hope M&S will survive but they need to adapt!
Saturday 16 March 2013 4.34pm
davedave wrote:
please bring back the cream sodas.... you get a guy hooked then cold turkey take em away....

Hi davedave, we still stock a 2L bottle of cream soda, would you prefer the pack of cans? If so let me know and we'll bring them back into stock.

Cheers,

N.
Saturday 16 March 2013 6.26pm
diet cream soda cans please :0))))))))
Saturday 16 March 2013 9.58pm
I've been meaning to join in this thread for a while and what pushed me finally to post? Where have the trolleys with toddler seats gone? Everytime I go in my 3yo asks to ride in the trolley, cue a disappointed 3yo :(

I have been relying heavily on this store for bigger/family shops but the removal of the big tills, invasion of self-service (which struggle to fit re-usable bags previously purchased here) and now this echoes the feeling many have expressed here, catering for the food-to-go people.

On a positive, my 3yo was excited by the Emporium bakery selection, although the staff were rubbish, no acknowledgement when trying to work out if the chopped foods were free samples (in the end we took the chance, and ran lol)
Tee
Saturday 23 March 2013 7.52pm
Have to say i was very disappointed by the 'bakery', particularly after the wait. I was hoping it would be a proper bakery, making decent bread. However, it's mediocre at best. Bland, spongy or cotton wool-like bread, with tasteless crust. I also noticed some baguette packaging being greasy. What do you put in them to make them greasy? A bit worrying.
Sunday 24 March 2013 7.15am
I tried the new Emporium bread twice and I must add that it was very tasty. The rolls were quite big but expensive (70 p each but they were delicious, with hazelnut and raisins). I particularly like the muesli bread for breakfast. It is very reasonably priced and it is really good. I have never been so often to Tesco!
Sunday 24 March 2013 9.40am
Crikey it's only a small Tesco store. It's not expected to stock every possible item. If you're that bothered by not being able to get what you want, go to Tescos at Surrey Quays, or order online and get it delivered to your front door.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions