London SE1 community website

Tesco Tooley Street New Tills

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8
Monday 25 March 2013 9.59pm
Popped in Sat, never seen the queues go down to the freezer section for the manned tills (all were open). I caved and tried self-service but still had to queue and only half were active as the staff member told me he couldn't open more with just him there.

Another frustrated shopper asked for the manager and the staff pointed in a general direction but not sure where he was.

cousinbillybob, it may not be big on SQ & OKR standards but it's not small either, for those that dont drive, both of those are not really an option and should we have to pay an extra 5 delivery because Tesco decided to change a successful store.
Tuesday 26 March 2013 11.00pm
Hi,

Firstly thanks for the positive comments! It's appreciated!

In response to a couple of other comments....

Davedave - your cream soda is now back in and on sale :-)

Golderm - My apologies, the last couple of Saturdays have been, unexpectedly, our busiest ever. We should always have staff on hand to support opening all tills, manned or self serve, and I'll investigate why this wasn't the case last Saturday.
Also, the trolleys with seats have been swapped with the ones that are not so deep, so sit over the manned checkouts. As I've mentioned before this Till design is a first for Tesco and I will make sure your comments are passed on, in the meantime I'll try and get a couple of the older ones into the trolley bay for you to use next time!

Regarding the bakery comments, it has proved very popular, but I will ensure your comments regarding the staff and product quality are passed on.

As always, I'd be happy to discuss any of your comments or thoughts when your in store.

Regards,
Mark
Wednesday 27 March 2013 9.07am
many thanks mark, much appreciated
Saturday 13 April 2013 4.44pm
"Last week, outside of an Olympics week last year, was my best sales week ever," Tesco Metro Tooley Street manager Mark Pooley told Reuters -

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/12/us-tesco-revamp-idUSBRE93B07F20130412

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 May 2013 9.54pm
Just a quick note to say thanks to Mark for listening to us all on here, the re-instatement of the child-seat trolleys has made shopping with a 3yo fun again, and the Emporium staff seem friendlier!
Surprised nobody on here has commented on the waterfall that appeared instore last week, presume some busted pipes as there were a few drippings before a pouring came down, hope you guys got it sorted ok
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions