London SE1 community website

Broken windows around Union Street area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7
Monday 25 February 2013 11.36am
Completely agree Karen, I think there's more chance of it being a nutcase than a kid... i mean in regards to those mugging people...they are acquiring something to sell on or to keep for themselves. Bricking windows isn't doing anyone any favours.

There used to be a nutter that walked round coin street area ripping window wipers off cars for no apparent reason other than he was extremely drunk/drugged.
Monday 25 February 2013 11.42am
I have heard it was the squatters in retaliation to locals complaining about them, again not sure how true this is.
Monday 25 February 2013 12.07pm
AntBorough wrote:
I have heard it was the squatters in retaliation to locals complaining about them, again not sure how true this is.

In that case, it's gossip, isn't it?
Monday 25 February 2013 1.52pm
I heard it was a gang of developers and city cronies looking to out the locals... on bikes..., on the pavement, 'course I could be wrong.
Monday 25 February 2013 6.20pm
Had a wonder around the area this afternoon and found 5 broken windows on the estate off Pepper Street, 3 in the small terraces opposite Jerwood Space, 2 at The Crown and 2 at Styles House. Don't believe it is a local grievance as the properties are too far apart, but I hope the police have put surveillance on the streets before it escalates and someone gets hurt.
Monday 25 February 2013 7.03pm
Hmm, messed up the punctuation on that one.
Monday 25 February 2013 7.06pm
No broken windows at the crown?
another pub maybe Karen?
Monday 25 February 2013 10.49pm
Ah, the pub opposite Jerwood Space.
Tuesday 26 February 2013 10.17am
Munchies on Marshalsea Road had a boarded up window as well this morning.
Tuesday 26 February 2013 10.54am
All this within 1\2 mile radius and going on for nearly 2 months. Anyone fancy a stake out? Only joking of course..
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions