London SE1 community website

Sexually confrontational man on Long Lane, early mornings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 8 March 2013 11.40pm
Anthonyb's gone a bit quiet and I found his reporting a bit strange to be honest...

Any way, getting the paranoia/conspiracy theory mill underway here, but I hope the police know what they are doing and will make an arrest or 2 soon. Anyone know if there have been more window smashed recently? I noticed a boarded up window at one of the Mint Street cottages today, but don't know if it's recent or not.
Saturday 9 March 2013 1.17am
Rooree so appalled you have had this awful experience- but glad you reported it- so many don't. I hope you are OKish. He must be on some CCTV on mentioned streets?
Saturday 9 March 2013 9.26am
More windows were broken on Thursday night and someone was arrested however it is early days and I don't know whether charges have been made yet. I understand that a concerted effort between police, other agencies and local residents led to the person being captured. The police advice is not to drop your guard until someone has been convicted, and they are still appealing for anyone with any evidence to come forward to help with their investigations.

I too thought that the description here sounded the same as the window breaker, however I think the arrest had already been made by that time (will check that out with the police)
Zoe
Saturday 9 March 2013 11.55am
Hi Cllr Morris, thanks for the update.

Rooree, what a horrible thing to happen. You might want to think about some self defence classes, I found they made me feel more confident after an unpleasant episode.
Saturday 9 March 2013 12.47pm
Oh I don't feel too shaken, more annoyed. Had I not bee in such a rush i'd have given him what for but I have a suspicion he is slightly unstable so don't want to be too confrontational

If I do have the misfortune again I would try to take a photo but its easy to say when calm...
Saturday 9 March 2013 12.49pm
Oh and where is photo fit of window smasher. Have only seen pic in paper which is too poor quality to tell
Saturday 9 March 2013 8.19pm
It's same as the photo in paper
Monday 11 March 2013 2.18pm
Oh in that case, not convinced its same man.

Police called me back & have said they are putting extra officers in the area this week and will be in touch to let me know if tney encounter him. Asked if i'd be willing to go in an unmarked car and drive round in hope of identifying him if they dont have any luck this week.
Tuesday 26 March 2013 5.04am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Anthonyb's gone a bit quiet and I found his reporting a bit strange to be honest...
Any way, getting the paranoia/conspiracy theory mill underway here, but I hope the police know what they are doing and will make an arrest or 2 soon. Anyone know if there have been more window smashed recently? I noticed a boarded up window at one of the Mint Street cottages today, but don't know if it's recent or not.

Hi Edward,

Do you care to elaborate on why you found my reporting to be strange? Please bare in mind that I am not a Police Officer or Journalist. I am a resident in the area in which these crimes against peoples homes & businesses were targeted. At the time of me sharing information, it was in the early hours of the morning not long after an incident and not long after me spending a good 30 minutes driving up & down with police trying to track the man responsible, I used my Iphone to post on the forum hence the poor spelling & grammar.

Lastly, the reason I appear to have gone quiet is, I am told that an arrest was made, I also am not able to be on here everyday as I do actually have a life, but rest assured when something in the area happens that makes living here feel unsafe, then I am only to happy to jump on here and share information to help.
Thursday 28 March 2013 9.46pm
RooRee, I have come across this rude/ disgusting guy as well! He approached me about 4 weeks ago as I was walking from Long Lane into Crosby Row. It was in the afternoon/ early evening though, around 5:30pm - I also thought that he wanted to ask me for directions but then mumbled something about 'sticking his tongue down my throat'. First I thought I had misunderstood him, but he then repeated it! I was so shocked that I kept walking...

Had to think about this episode a few times that evening, wondering whether I should have called the police about it. What if he approaches a girl / woman in a less busy area... Brrr... So creepy.

He fits your description, I thought he was quite fashionable looking, think he had some kind of sideburns and headphones? Not sure though...

Anyway - sorry to be vague & wish I had seen your post earlier. I bet it's the same guy. It's prolly a bit late to go to the police now, innit.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions