London SE1 community website

Sexually confrontational man on Long Lane, early mornings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Thursday 28 March 2013 10.28pm
Hi Roo (and all)

I moved to Se1 on the 8 March and the first person to greet me was none other than the sexually confrontational man. He made the same repeated comment twice and I replied ‘go away’ – that did the trick. From my brief encounter I would say that this man doesn’t have his full factuality. It was a very strange welcome to SE1 to say the least. That said, I hope to encounter more local people soon though not the man in question.
Friday 29 March 2013 8.29am
Where about did he greet you, and what time in the day? It's quite clear that the sexually confrontational man (SCM) is quite active sharing his dirty thoughts with the local ladies. Hope you had the chance to meet some nice people since. I am sure you have, as SE1 is full of them :)
Friday 29 March 2013 8.52pm
I encountered the SCM around 5pm. He didn't hang around long thankfully.

I've not yet had the chance to get out meet the locals though I'm sure I will get an opportunity soon and maybe eve over the bank holiday weekend. Have a good one my fellow SE1 dwellers.
Saturday 30 March 2013 9.41pm
Hi jamfactory

Sorry you had to meet SCM, did he match my description? Where abouts were you when it happened? Did you, or would you consider reporting it to the police?
Saturday 30 March 2013 9.44pm
Just seen you post wellpastbedtime

Never too late, tho police did give me a guilt trip for waiting til evening to report it. It's very un-nerving, and I guess the thing that worried me and made me report it was worry that he may progress to worse than just words?

Thankfully i've not encountered him of late, haven't heard anything more from tbe police either....
Sunday 31 March 2013 12.42pm
First time I have seen these posts but the description fits a strange guy who used to catch the No.1 bus on The Grange and appeared linked to the Alaska building flats, a couple of years ago. He appeared to be 'care in the community' and didn't make much sense when I had words with him one night, after he jumped off the bus at Waterloo and then pressed his face against my wife's window in a way that scared her half to death. Haven't seen him recently, which might explain him popping up at the other end of Long Lane, but he often stood about muttering to himself. He had sideburns and a mustache that reminded me(an older reader) a bit of a fatter version of the 1970's Playschool presenter, Derrick Griffiths (he wouldn't be flattered). May be a piece for somebody's jigsaw..
Sunday 31 March 2013 3.43pm
Hello everyone

Created this profile as the same thing happened to me. He approached me just before the junction of Long Lane and Weston Street on 14 March. I think it was about 8am. He said 'excuse me' and walked towards me, I thought he was going to ask me the time or something so I stopped. After telling me what he'd like to do to me (!!) he walked off down Weston Street (going away from LB station) pretty quickly.

I recognise the description above, black guy, stocky wearing dark clothing and a beanie (perhaps navy) about 5''9. I also think he had some sort of short dred locks.

I've not reported this to the police and am conscious that its a couple of weeks ago now... to the others that did report this, how did you do it? Did you just call 111?
Monday 1 April 2013 12.22am
I've seen this guy a couple of times along Grange Rd. in the mid-morning, both times he headed south down Tower Bridge Rd. The first time he was vomiting and spitting every few yards.

I'd guess he's in his 40s. As other posters have said, he's black, medium height, and wears heavy dark clothing and a beanie hat.
Tuesday 2 April 2013 2.27pm
I have just reported my incident with the SCM online on https://online.met.police.uk/ - let's see what happens... Seems to be a good option of logging this without having to go to the police station. I have checked the dates and I met him on the 22/2 - so it's way back (guilty cough...)
Tuesday 2 April 2013 5.15pm
The online channel of reporting works, police have called my back already and want to meet me tomorrow. They are coming to my house which I find quite convenient. Thumbs up for this being taken seriously. I suggest that all of you who met the SCM to do the same...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions