London SE1 community website

The Rose pub, Weston Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
emu
Monday 2 September 2013 10.10pm
went there last week. excellent service, limited menu for vegetarians (think there was 1 option) but it was one of the nicest vegetarian meals I have had for a long time. Will definitely be back with friends
Tuesday 3 September 2013 12.45pm
I went a couple of weeks ago for a bit to eat and a couple of drinks. As someone who was a regular in the Rose as it was, and a massive fan, I wanted to hate the place with its new 'fancy' image.

But the range of drinks was excellent, the food was tasty (although the menu seems limited, not just for vegetarians, but the kitchen is small and as they apparently change the menu dailly, I don't think this is a bad thing).

The price of a glass of wine was a bit much, something like 7 for a medium spritzer and they only used half of the small bottle of lemonade - but they are hardly the first pub in London to be culpable of charging extortionate prices for drinks.

A very different place to what it was, but it seems to have been done to good effect and I'm sure it will succeed. I won't be as regular as I was, partly due to having moved to SE16 and partly because I prefer a more relaxed environment, but I'll definitely try it again. Looking forward to trying their Sunday offering actually.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions