London SE1 community website

The wind turbine on the Strata - E&C.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 22 March 2013 6.36pm
Photo-Voltaic cells would have been a more productive option, but lack the 'Green-bling'.
Saturday 23 March 2013 9.09am
I live in the Strata. We've been told nothing about the turbines either I'm afraid.
Saturday 23 March 2013 8.53pm
stratan wrote:
I live in the Strata. We've been told nothing about the turbines either I'm afraid.

Blimey!
Monday 25 March 2013 7.09pm
I was chatting to someone who lives there and they said that the reason they don't turn is because they realised the cost of maintaining the turbines after they were installed was too much. Makes sense as someone would have to foot a massive bill to keep them running safely. It's a shame if true.
Monday 25 March 2013 7.58pm
I can't believe they hadn't worked out a costing before installing them! If not I'd worry what else they haven't thought about.
Monday 25 March 2013 11.20pm
If only they had gone with PV cells!
Monday 1 April 2013 6.43am
Thanks for all the help guys! Bit sad really!
Monday 15 April 2013 2.04pm
The green appeal of the turbines probably helped get them planning permission, then the reality of maintenance costs soon put paid to them
Tuesday 29 April 2014 9.38am
I had heard that the fans had been installed back to front and a whole new set of computer software was needed to make them work...
Tuesday 29 April 2014 3.27pm
When they were working they made a humming noise.Not very loud but could still keep you awake at night.Thank God they are not used anymore.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions