London SE1 community website

Fruit and veg in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 1 April 2013 3.33pm
I order from these people, very cheap and they deliver...http://www.southeastfruits.com/

Used to trade on the voyager estate as part of the maltby st mkt set up
Tuesday 2 April 2013 9.47am
I reckon The Blue - but even better East St Market - not far away by bus or cycle and cheaper than a cheap thing. A proper non fancy market with everything you could wish for.
Tuesday 2 April 2013 9.56am
Thanks all for your suggestions. Will give The Blue and SE fruits a go soon.

Do you have to order from SE fruits in advance? Their website is a little unclear...
Friday 5 April 2013 1.20pm
To support an earlier post - The Fruit Tree on Great Suffolk Street gets my vote - friendly staff, good selection, good quality produce...and while your their, the butchers at the other end of the parade (Suffolk Meats) is also excellent. No connection - just a satisfied and frequent customer!
Friday 5 April 2013 11.19pm
Bermondsey Farmers Market on a Saturday in Bermondsey is also a possibility as you are buying direct from the farmer. There is organic and conventional vegetables. All seasonal grown in Kent. Come and have a look Saturday 10-2. Enjoy.
Saturday 6 April 2013 8.07am
I still use Tayshaw/Booths (on druid street). The selection is unbeatable, and I find prices reasonable. I tried South East after hearing they were cheaper and better but found them more expensive. The Blue and East St sound like they are worth a try though.
Saturday 6 April 2013 8.24am
galileoorganicfarm wrote:
Bermondsey Farmers Market on a Saturday in Bermondsey is also a possibility as you are buying direct from the farmer. There is organic and conventional vegetables. All seasonal grown in Kent. Come and have a look Saturday 10-2. Enjoy.

The organic vegetable stand is very reasonable, compared to other organic veg sellers.
The conventional veggies stand fluctuates in quality. I once bought a whole basket full of fruit and veg and most of it was off the next day. There was no opportunity to go back since the market is only held once a week. The next week I complained about it and there was a remarkable indifference from the woman who works there. She did not offer any compensation whatsoever. Needless to say I have stopped buying there.

Thanks to this incident, I discovered that the organic seller has great stuff, good prices and a cheerful greeting!
Saturday 6 April 2013 8.50am
Bankside Otter wrote:
To support an earlier post - The Fruit Tree on Great Suffolk Street gets my vote - friendly staff, good selection, good quality produce...and while your their, the butchers at the other end of the parade (Suffolk Meats) is also excellent. No connection - just a satisfied and frequent customer!

+1 for The Fruit Tree.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions