London SE1 community website

Review of Urgent Care Centre at Guy's

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Tuesday 4 June 2013 1.24pm
Went there this morning with what turned out to be two sprained fingers. In just 40 minutes I was greeted by a helpful receptionist (who shared my fun at trying to fill in the form left-handed), assessed by a friendly GP, x-rayed, diagnosed and strapped up.

If I'd tried the same at my GP, I'd still be ringing to get an appointment.

My only suggestion would be to show more consideration to TV programmes being shown in reception. Watching a bloke being air rescued with a smashed thigh wasn't what I necessarily wanted to see.

But, otherwise, keep up the good work.
Thursday 6 June 2013 12.54pm
my doctors here are providing the walk-in service i'd want at decima or artesian.
it's great!
(radial fracture)
Wednesday 12 June 2013 10.27pm
"A very similar thing happened to me Davies and I had a similar excellent experience at Guys. I then had to go see the surgeon at St Thomas and waited four hours to see someone, which really was in contrast to how quickly I had been seen at Guys.
Keep taking those antibiotics, I had to have an operation on the infection in my finger and you don't want that!"

It healed up perfectly, probably because I got the correct antibiotic treatment so fast. I don't like to think what would have happened if it had been left, the infection blew up so fast and so painfully!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions