London SE1 community website

News International could swap Wapping for London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 9 May 2013 3.18pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
urbanite wrote:
Be good to get some critical mass going on in London Bridge.

Critical mass? Weren't they the insignificant bunch of clowns that tried,(unsuccessfully), to wind me and other drivers up by riding slowly around the roundabout on the south side of Waterloo Bridge, usually on Friday evenings?
I remember punters in the back of my taxi getting apoplectic with rage as they realised that they might miss their train because of those cretins, while safe in the knowledge that it wasn't my fault, I lazily watched the meter keep ticking up.
I've handed in my badge now, and no longer have to suffer their antics, while feigning empathy with the punters and suggesting that they write to Boris about it.

Thew critical mass I was refering to Tom was the number of people working in the area not a group of cyclists....bit the wrong end of the stick there lol
Thursday 9 May 2013 11.59pm
urbanite wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
urbanite wrote:
Be good to get some critical mass going on in London Bridge.

Critical mass? Weren't they the insignificant bunch of clowns that tried,(unsuccessfully), to wind me and other drivers up by riding slowly around the roundabout on the south side of Waterloo Bridge, usually on Friday evenings?
I remember punters in the back of my taxi getting apoplectic with rage as they realised that they might miss their train because of those cretins, while safe in the knowledge that it wasn't my fault, I lazily watched the meter keep ticking up.
I've handed in my badge now, and no longer have to suffer their antics, while feigning empathy with the punters and suggesting that they write to Boris about it.

Thew critical mass I was refering to Tom was the number of people working in the area not a group of cyclists....bit the wrong end of the stick there lol

I knew that urbanite, just couldn't resist juggling your post and having a crack at the old enemy.
Friday 10 May 2013 7.08am
Haha....indeed....but we don't want to get told off by James as he seems to be in aggressive mode lately lol
Friday 10 May 2013 8.35am
urbanite wrote:
Haha....indeed....but we don't want to get told off by James as he seems to be in aggressive mode lately lol
Rather unfair, imho. All I've seen is someone trying to tell people to stop squabbling.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 10 May 2013 9.49am
Ivanhoe wrote:
urbanite wrote:
Rather unfair, imho. All I've seen is someone trying to tell people to stop squabbling.

Was meant more rather tongue in cheek than for real...hence the lol at the end Ivanhoe. It was definitely not meant to be a crticism in any way and yes that thread was getting very childish as some do occasionally on here and James does a very good job at moderating the site.
Friday 12 July 2013 12.28pm
It's official
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6966

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 12 July 2013 12.40pm
All that fighting back in the 1980s was for nothing...
Friday 12 July 2013 3.24pm
Some Murdoch news that's actually true :)
Saturday 13 July 2013 7.06am
this will have a huge impact on the top end of Borough High Street in particular. i am sure businesses providing for the working day crowd will be rubbing there hands in glee. Wapping's loss is SE1's gain
Monday 15 July 2013 10.54am
Well as an aside - I owe Murdoch a thing or two because it is what brought me to the Borough in the first place.

I didn't want to commute from West London to Fortress Wapping. I have to say I would have far preferred to the commute to London Bridge ... good thing I am now an x Murdoch Minion.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions