London SE1 community website

Pedibus annoyance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 23 May 2013 6.32pm
Does anyone have any idea who I need to call/contact to complain about parking on double yellows...? Planning to give that a go as well.

Thanks
Karen
Monday 1 July 2013 4.13pm
Hi all,

I was woken up at 11.45pm on Saturday night to the sound of metal scraping and clanging. Unacceptable i'm sure you agree. As the summer looms, this is only going to get worse.

Please can I ask a simple but small favour of all of you.

Please sign this petition and put a stop to the noise.
http://southwark-libdems.org.uk/en/petition/stop-noisy-pedibuses-in-residential-streets

Thank you in advance.
KT2000
Monday 1 July 2013 5.04pm
Signed.

And Facebook link added to my account. Let's hope there is some action soon for this ongoing dangerous nuisance.
Monday 1 July 2013 9.38pm
I've signed too. It would be good to keep this at the top of the SE1 page and I hope that James feels that it's worth publicising further as a genuine quality of life issue that matters to locals. A non local spoiling our day for the sake of making money and without giving a toss is just not on. It's tacky, anti social and intrusive.
AD
Monday 1 July 2013 9.40pm
Signed... Go Anood! I am no Lib Dem but I appreciate all the work, thank you! I'd be a hypocript to criticise tomfoolery, but the activity causes congestion, noise, and nothing positive for anyone but the business owner and the Draft House.
If a diversity of routes were offered, or any variety I'd be more sympathetic, but the same old **** is being churned out to maximise someone's profit.
Monday 15 July 2013 11.11pm
They are at it again. Particularly bad on Sunday. Extremely noisy, dangerously parked, the p****d "customers" carried on their party on the pavement in Shad Thames.
Friday 6 September 2013 3.44pm
Just a quick note to say that the company have (again) agreed to move the start and stopping point which should help. The council and police are meeting with the company in the next few weeks so if they are still stopping or starting near your home then please do let me know. I'm also still pushing on their hours of operation as Sunday evening at 10pm really isn't acceptable.

Please do email me at [email protected] with any specific problems they cause so that I can continue to act on the side of local residents.

Best wishes,
Anood
Friday 6 September 2013 6.10pm
Anood

Thanks for taking up this problem and fighting our corner. They started parking at the end of Boss Street a couple of weeks back and also in the red route parking bays on Tooley Street, opposite Boss Street. I am going to start taking photos with dates and times. I hope you don't mind me forwarding them to you, if they are of any use?

Thanks
Wednesday 20 November 2013 8.26pm
I'm still keeping an eye on this issue and the council has met with the company and agreed further conditions which are below. They are due to meet again next week so please do let me know if your have had any recent problems with them.

The withdrawal of the longest route around Tower Bridge,

Reduced the volume of alcohol advertised on the routes from two and a half pints to one pint,

Removed the Mudlark from their website,

Changed the drop off and pick up points. They have also changed their H&S arrangements for getting the vehicles to and from the drop of points,

Brought the last booking times forward to 20:00 weekdays and 18.30 weekends.
Wednesday 20 November 2013 9.30pm
Excellent Anood - thanks for addressing this issue. Nice to meet you in Boss House the other week.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions