London SE1 community website

Pedibus annoyance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Sunday 4 May 2014 1.31pm
Pedibus in Southwark Street this afternoon (Sunday) - all-girl crew, just as noisy and obnoxious. Steering down the middle of the lane, cars and taxis having to swing out across the central white line to overtake them.
Tuesday 6 May 2014 2.09pm
Yes - Sunday afternoon antics were particularly intrusive, noisy and generally unpleasant. What I can't understand is why they can't just pedal, have a drink, see the sights and not be encouraged by staff to scream constantly. What's that all about?!
Tuesday 6 May 2014 3.23pm
This thread seems to have gone from annoyance to residents, fair enough, to a general displeasure at their very existence.

Greatest city in the world? Not for long.
Tuesday 6 May 2014 3.33pm
I don't mind them existing, or the punters enjoying the ride. I was simply wondering why they're always encouraged to scream at regular intervals throughout the trip. Fair question I think.
Tuesday 6 May 2014 4.38pm
boroughonian wrote:
This thread seems to have gone from annoyance to residents, fair enough, to a general displeasure at their very existence.
Greatest city in the world? Not for long.

If we depend on the pedibus to make us the greatest city in the world, then God help us all. And as a resident, I do object to foulmouthed inebriated youths abusing bus drivers doing their job or waving obscene inflatables at passersby. They add nothing to the city, on the contrary, I now understand why cities like Dublin, Prague and Amsterdam complain about the British stag parties that litter their streets.
Tuesday 6 May 2014 8.49pm
One day, soon maybe, there will be a pedibus fatality when a pissed-up punter slips off their pedal-stool into the path of a double decker.

Only then will things change.

I praise Anood for taking up this problem. The Lib Dem website had a page dedicated to the issue, sadly that has now gone.

Perhaps it's not really that important to them. Or with an election coming up, they need to focus on bigging up Hughes.

For reference, the Lib Dem web page was...

http://southwark-libdems.org.uk/en/petition/stop-noisy-pedibuses-in-residential-streets

Pedibus in SE1 is great. Pedibus around residential areas of SE1 is not.
Tuesday 6 May 2014 10.35pm
Who exactly decides where the line is between "annoyance to residents" and "general displeasure"? When I am at home and I or my family get "annoyed" by pedibussers shouting abuse or waving inflatable penisses around , it affects me as a resident, as it does my neighbours. I rank this more alongside drunk EDL thugs urinating in my front garden on a Saturday morning rather than inebriated revellers leaving a club at 4am. The latter I can live with, the former is just taking the [email protected] Get them to pedal around in The City, that's deserted on weekends anyway.
Thursday 8 May 2014 4.03pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
.... I rank this more alongside drunk EDL thugs urinating in my front garden on a Saturday morning rather than inebriated revellers leaving a club at 4am. The latter I can live with, the former is just taking the [email protected]

if someone is drunk and urinating in your garden, why do their politics matter???
Thursday 8 May 2014 4.14pm
johnnytee wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
.... I rank this more alongside drunk EDL thugs urinating in my front garden on a Saturday morning rather than inebriated revellers leaving a club at 4am. The latter I can live with, the former is just taking the [email protected]

if someone is drunk and urinating in your garden, why do their politics matter???

What have EDL to do with politics? Anyway, I was referring to a specific incident which happened at the EDL demo starting in SE1 last year EDL demo
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions