London SE1 community website

Neon lights - Eco Cleaners Tower Bridge Road/Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Tuesday 28 May 2013 8.13pm
Funny that an "eco" company would cause all that light pollution - when it's lit up at night it's like a bloody funfair! So unnecessary.
Tuesday 28 May 2013 9.29pm
The fact that they mark their presence to prominently must have something to do that there are 3 dry cleaners on TBR already. What is their business case, I wonder?
Wednesday 29 May 2013 8.34am
I'm so glad that I found this thread and that people have the same opinion as me. We live very close to this awful sign and cannot believe this would have permission. As posted above, it is taking TBR in the complete wrong direction and not least, is such a waste of electricity. It was on all night last night and we now have a lovely green glow in out bedroom.

The only way this will be taken down is of enough people call the council so please use the number above or call the main Southwark Council switchboard. I did yesterday and was promised they will investigate.

Thanks
Wednesday 29 May 2013 12.27pm
I just used the number quoted by JanD and the person who answered said it was the wrong number, that she would put me through to the correct one and then she cut me off(!).

I used 020 7525 5403 (Planning applications and enquiries) instead and got through to a very helpful lady who took the details. The presence of the sign did seem to be news to her though. Hope this helps.

BTW Thomas, I also cannot believe that anyone thinks we need four dry cleaners all within 500 yards of each other. How dirty do they think we are?
Wednesday 29 May 2013 12.49pm
Ha ha maybe they cut you off because they were fed up with all the calls! I definitely spoke to a Mr Errol on that number. I do agree about all the dry cleaners - madness.
Thursday 30 May 2013 10.00pm
Flipping heck!
tw
Thursday 30 May 2013 10.19pm
The least eco-friendly sign ever. And more than that, just plain ugly.

Will not be using them unless they demonstrate their eco-credentials a little more convincingly.
Thursday 30 May 2013 11.30pm
I walk past in the morning and while I've noticed it is big and ugly, I can't see (at 8am) that it is emitting much light. Presumably it lights up at night does it? Could it be solar powered?
Friday 31 May 2013 11.13am
The lights were turned off last night! Did they see the blog or has the council been in touch?
Saturday 1 June 2013 6.21pm
Not to mention why there is even need for another dry cleaner in the vincinity. You've already got crystal, magic, and the big one next to barclays within a 30 second walk.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions