London SE1 community website

Breakfast on a Sunday Morning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 31 May 2013 6.01pm
Cote at Hays, even though a chain, does a nice breakfast including a tidy full english.

The Chop House on the river does one which I imagine would be good, not yet managed to get in there to try it though, be interested to know if anyone else has?
Friday 31 May 2013 6.53pm
Chop House on a Sunday morning is a lovely spot. Good healthy porridge and fruit for my good lady wife; a good healthy fry-up for me. And the view is unbeatable.
Friday 31 May 2013 7.51pm
That sir has put a smile on my face...will make sure I try it soon.

Not many better phrases in the English language than 'Full English Breakfast'...only improved by adding the words "All day...' at the start :)
Friday 31 May 2013 10.59pm
Not many better phrases in the English language than 'Full English Breakfast'...only improved by adding the words "All day...' at the start :)[/quote]

One man's meat and all that, I'm not averse to the occasional grilled bacon sandwich, on white bread, with a touch of brown sauce, but just reading "Full English" makes the size 8 labels in my clothes shiver, as they get ready to morph into 10 or 12 at the very thought of fried eggs.
At 5ft. 1in. I don't think that I'd look good two sizes larger.
I'll stick with eggs Benedict, or scrambled with smoked salmon.
Monday 3 June 2013 5.41pm
What's wrong with a greasy spoon
Monday 3 June 2013 11.05pm
mansionman wrote:
What's wrong with a greasy spoon

I used plenty of them when I was a truck driver years ago, but I'm trying to forget about that part of my life.
Once I'd completed the knowledge and got that green piece of tin hanging around my neck, I self elevated to Pret-a-Manger, Caffe Nero , and Costa Coffee .
I eschewed bacon sarnies and acquired a penchant for crayfish and rocket instead.
I've never drunk tea in my life, but a double espresso, or an Americano, is a distinct improvement on the instant Nescafé, or Camp coffee served in most greasy spoons.
Tuesday 4 June 2013 9.10pm
Yes, The Table does get busy, but it is certainly worth the wait.
Wednesday 5 June 2013 6.21pm
The Frizzante Cafe at Surrey Docks Farm does a brilliantly deliciously
breakfast and lunch using ingredients reared or grown from the farm. Seriously good. And it's weighing walking distance of their hotel. Yes, it is a working city farm so expect kids and parents but don't let that put you off.
Wednesday 5 June 2013 6.24pm
Loads of typos in my previous post....hangs head in shame.
Wednesday 5 June 2013 6.42pm
I am Italian and love good food.

My favourite meals offered by British cuisine are the 'Full English' breakfast and Sunday Lunch.

I think it is a perfectly valid question to ask where a one can sit down and order a good breakfast that uses quality ingredients such as ethically reared, organic pork sausages and bacon, free range eggs, organic mushrooms and tomatoes and real baked beans (freshly made, not canned).

The bread used for the toast is also very important: no sunblest!

If there is a place that offers such a breakfast within the M25, please write about it here!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions