London SE1 community website

Breakfast on a Sunday Morning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Zoe
Wednesday 5 June 2013 9.48pm
I second the surrey docks farm cafe for breakfast, I have stopped there after cycling to and from Greenwich and it hits the spot (exercise makes me ridiculously hungry, not sure why I bother doing it).
Thursday 6 June 2013 10.56am
It's untried as it's new but Tanner & Co on Bermondsey St are doing breakfast every day now.
Monday 24 June 2013 11.37am
Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you all on my parents visit yesterday, we decided on Cafe Frizzante at Surrey Docks Farm.

The food is excellent, and there seems to be a lot of it. Fat herby sausages, thick cut bacon, portobello mushrooms and lovely scrambled egg.
I quite liked the shabby chic mismatched chairs and tables, but I can see why others would think it makes the place look untidy, particularly as its so small in there.

Minus points; the service isn't the best(god help you if you want to substitute an English Muffin for some granary toast-that will incur an extra charge and a scowl).
As the food is genuinely so lovely, I'd have liked some loose-leaf tea in a pot, not a mug with a bag in, to complete my experience!

Quite expensive too, but quirky location and hearty, good quality food make up for it. Plus you can walk it off along the Thames Path afterwards.

Recommend a weekend visit.
Monday 24 June 2013 9.27pm
exigo wrote:
Chop House on a Sunday morning is a lovely spot. Good healthy porridge and fruit for my good lady wife; a good healthy fry-up for me. And the view is unbeatable.

Finally tried it, very good thanks.

You get a lot of brekkie in a prime location for 8.50 !
3 (!) rashers, 2 sausages, black pudding, beans, two eggs how you like them, 2 toast, half a tom, and a small mushroom....washed down with a cheeky Bloody Mary.
Very full afterwards :)
Tuesday 25 June 2013 12.22pm
jacksosi wrote:
exigo wrote:
Chop House on a Sunday morning is a lovely spot. Good healthy porridge and fruit for my good lady wife; a good healthy fry-up for me. And the view is unbeatable.

Finally tried it, very good thanks.

You get a lot of brekkie in a prime location for 8.50 !
3 (!) rashers, 2 sausages, black pudding, beans, two eggs how you like them, 2 toast, half a tom, and a small mushroom....washed down with a cheeky Bloody Mary.
Very full afterwards :)

Very pleased you enjoyed it. You're making me very hungry to go back.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions