London SE1 community website

Tooley Street Tesco charity

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Sunday 23 June 2013 1.38pm
thanks mark appreciate your listening to our little gripes.

dave
Sunday 23 June 2013 7.42pm
Mark, getting back on topic try this for inspiration:
http://www.rsablogs.org.uk/2013/socialbrain/free-banana/

Regarding 'bucket shaking' noticed there were some on the doors again today, I think it's KidsCo, which is great as a local charity but I give to them already so I don't like the pressure of being asked on the way in and out :(

Also, echoing others, great job on listening to our gripes and making changes accordingly!
Monday 24 June 2013 7.15pm
golderm wrote:
I think it's KidsCo, which is great as a local charity but I give to them already so I don't like the pressure of being asked on the way in and out :(

Not being rude, but won't a simple "I have given already" and a smile get you through the pressure?
Monday 24 June 2013 8.50pm
I can't believe Tesco have the nerve to raise money for a diabetes charity given their record of serving junk food for so many years.
Wednesday 26 June 2013 2.11pm
MarkPooley wrote:
@nickthegreek - we had to make the salad bar the same offer in both sides due to the queues! We've kept some of the olive lines, let me know if there was anything specific you miss!
@davedave - apologies for that! We had a small gap between running out as our expected delivery, I've made sure it won't happen again - apologies once again!

Mark

Really appreciate the response Mark, thank you. I'll have a chat with Mrs Greek this evening to see if there is anything in particular that's gone.

Thanks again.
Monday 1 July 2013 8.50pm
Mark - I definitely appreciate the effort that you guys have made to improve the store since opening. However, I think the most recent set of changes are for the worse. As mentioned, the salad and olive bar is now half the size. And although the artisan style bakery is welcome, the selection of packaged bread/bakery products is now much smaller. The freezer section of the store is also now tiny.

All in all, although I defended the store against accusations it was becoming more like an 'express' store with add-ons for the office worker clientele, I'm seeing it go down that route.
Monday 1 July 2013 10.38pm
Hi Mark, is there any possibility you could reinstate the full fat goats milk again as you
are the only shop that did it and it's a bit of a trek to the Katherines dock Waitrose.
Sunday 7 July 2013 9.09am
Hi Katmac - I'll sort it out first thing Monday! Should be available from the middle of the week if I can get it...

Hi Fusionsnow - we had to cut the olive range back as the lunchtime queues are clashed at the bottom of the escalator! If there are any specific lines missing you would like please let me know...

Thanks
Mark
Tuesday 9 July 2013 8.14am
yet again 27 of shopping and only small sandwich bags to carry them!! no large carrier bags again ....really!!
Tuesday 9 July 2013 6.57pm
Katmac - you'll have your goats milk back in by 12th July :-)

Davedave - I know we run short yesterday because of how busy we were last week, but as far as I was aware we hadn't actually run out? We replaced all self serve tills with mini bags at lunchtime but the staff had the bigger bags for customers with bigger shops until a couple of boxes arrived from another store. Either way, you haven't been given them - could I ask what time and day you did your shopping?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions