London SE1 community website

Grass seed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 July 2013 11.38am
Am trying to avoid going to B & Q in Old kent road, is there anywhere local I can get some grass seed? all the places I used to know have closed down..
Tuesday 2 July 2013 12.16pm
What about the hardware shop on TBR? Or has that closed to?! May be the walk around shop (Pricebusters) at the E&C shopping centre aswel.
Tuesday 2 July 2013 12.42pm
Borough market on saturday?

21 straight there,you can watch the grass grow as your waiting (;
Tuesday 2 July 2013 2.38pm
There's some in Aldi's at the moment. It's in a gold coloured bottle as it is mixed with growing media I think. They only had a few bottles yesterday though.
Tuesday 2 July 2013 2.58pm
Wednesday 3 July 2013 11.20am
Thank you everyone, I managed to get some in the poundshop at the elephant which is mixed with coir, so when I have eradicatated a few more weeds on the lawn and apparently you have to rake and cut beforehand will let you know the result, as long as I can look out and see a strip of green, it does not have to be a bowling green quality, which is impossible as I had a builders garden ( they bulldozed all the rubble into the soil and brought in building filler in to level it off..think clay)

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions