London SE1 community website

Problems with EE mobile reception?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 8 July 2013 11.20pm
EE signal out east by Bermondsey tube is also rubbish. I gave up on them, went with giffgaff and have never been tempted to reconsider bc of their 4G advertising.
Tuesday 9 July 2013 1.58pm
And yes 'even' in the City -- or at least when I'm back at my very little flat on the busiest of streets overlooking the entrance to that tunnel on Upper Thames Street (it's not as if I'd want anyone thinking that I could actually afford to live south of the river!) Although yes my mother lives in 'north Southwark' off Blackfriars Road, and I've just had to acquire her a new phone as in the last couple of months here signal was reduced to nothing. My phone being a 'smart-phone' in its own way by not inspiring envy or the need to thieve is in fact 10 years old (as of 17 June 2013!) so what I do 'know' is, is that whatever EE is offering us in terms of signal - T-Orange - it doesn't like older phones :-( Very, very disappointing a good brand like Orange -- that actually 'meant something' now laid to waste. And so 'thank you' from me too, to the original poster, for believing that they might not be alone and for therefore ensuring that now each of us does in fact feel less alone!
Wednesday 10 July 2013 4.33pm
I also have this problem and it's getting very annoying. I have been with Orange/EE for about 7 years and I have never had any problems until recently. I live on Henley Drive off Grange Road. Unfortunately, just before I started having problems, I signed up for another 2 years with EE. My husband also has a contract with Orange/EE and I can hardly hear him when he calls me. Weird. Well, it feels better now when I have complained ;-) so thanks for "listening".
Monday 22 July 2013 5.50pm
im also having the same problem
Tuesday 23 July 2013 9.41am
Elephant and Castle and London Bridge have always been bad. I note that there are about 5 masts equidistant from us and the type of signal my phone is using seems to frequently change. I have a feeling that the phones keep switching mast to the strongest signal but with that many it's having an adverse effect on internet and calls. It's only got worse since Orange and T-Mobile merged, increasing the number of available masts.
Tuesday 23 July 2013 9.51am
Hello everyone,
thanks for all the replies since I started the thread. It has convinced me now to change out of my contract. There are quite a few websites that are set up because customers are experiencing extreme difficulty with EE.
I have now changed to O2, which I know from past experience, has no problem with reception from my home.

They currently have some great online deals for sim only, go to mymoneysupermarket.com , and do a search for one that suits you. I got one with unlimited phone and texts, 1 GB data, for 12months, at 10.50 after cashback.

It's cheap enough to have it on top of the current contract you may have with EE if you can't get out of the current contract!

All the best, everyone! I'm so happy to be leaving.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions