London SE1 community website

Southwark Council CEO goes back to the floor as Undercover Boss

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
TAK
Monday 15 July 2013 4.44pm
Oh, I think Ms Kelly might not be on tonight but on 22nd July?
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/undercover-boss/episode-guide/series-5
TAK
Monday 22 July 2013 9.33am
This programme is on tonight:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/undercover-boss

Sadly, 11 working days after having sent my email to Ms Kelly I still have not had any response whatsoever. From what I can find online response time target at Southwark is 10 working days....
Monday 22 July 2013 10.16am
TAK wrote:
This programme is on tonight:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/undercover-boss

Sadly, 11 working days after having sent my email to Ms Kelly I still have not had any response whatsoever. From what I can find online response time target at Southwark is 10 working days....

Make a formal complaint, think they call it Stage 1. Raise your concern about your letter not being acknowledged in the time frame.
Monday 22 July 2013 10.19am
Tut Tut Tak, do you really expect a reply from such an important person as an undercover boss? If she is on leave , 9 day fortnight, sabattical, importand meetings etc., surely she has secretaries/admin staff to read her e-mails? At least with e-mails Tak they can't say the letter you sent was lost in the post!

Will watch with interest tonight..:-)

jan
TAK
Monday 22 July 2013 4.18pm
Just got a reply, 10 minutes ago:

Dear TAK
I refer to your earlier correspondence and your request that the Leader of the Council and I meet with you at Draper House. The Cabinet meeting last week received from the Overview and Scrutiny Sub Committee a Report on Major Works at Draper House. Therefore, now that the Sub Committee have reported, we believe it would be appropriate for us to visit.

I have asked the Draper House Project Manager to arrange a visit that allows us access to a range of tenants and leaseholders in Draper House so that we can hear directly for ourselves the views on the the works and the experience to date.

Yours sincerely

Eleanor Kelly
Monday 22 July 2013 9.08pm
Just watched it. I want to work for her!

Thing is though, the American and Canadian versions usually hand out $3000 or so to the employees featured.

Bet the fella loved his photocopied certificate.

I suppose it saves on our taxes.
Tuesday 23 July 2013 12.12pm
I watched it and thought she came across well, although I totally appreciate that by living in Shad Thames my exposure to council services is zero compared to those who live in a Southwark property.
Thursday 25 July 2013 5.14pm
I found this programme meretricious and manipulative: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/undercover-boss/4od

It told us more than once about Ms Kelly's underprivileged background, but failed to mention that she is now one of the most highly paid public officials, awarding herself close to 200K. One thing that is not being cut in Southwark is the salaries of Eleanour Kelly's Management Committee.
Thursday 25 July 2013 6.13pm
I thought the programme was totally pointless. It was lacking in depth, and in order to fully appreciate the work of those followed, and to use the experience to formulate future procedures, the CEO would need to work with the individuals for at least a week. The CEO is just an employee, and therefore all the stuff about her upbringing was irrelevant to the purpose of the programme and of no interest to me as a viewer, in fact I would rather have found out more about the employees she shadowed. I doubt there will be an outcome of her investigation, and I bet the guy who worked with the Special Needs Adults still has to re-apply for his job when the new centre opens. The employees featured in the programme were great at their jobs and should be proud of themselves.
Thursday 25 July 2013 8.56pm
Karen I wrote:
The CEO is just an employee, and therefore all the stuff about her upbringing was irrelevant to the purpose of the programme and of no interest to me as a viewer,
It revealed a disconnected personality. She earns an absolute fortune as CEO but sees herself primarily as the mother of a disabled child! One who presumably pays someone else to take care of said child.

To establish her credentials as a Southwarker, she tells us she's worked in the Borough since 2008 (as Underboss, now Boss) and 'lived here when I first came to London', i.e.: when I was poor. But you don't live here now, do ya?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions