London SE1 community website

Southwark Liberal Democrats - your thoughts on Transport & Environment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 16 July 2013 3.10pm
1. car free days at least once a month to cover whole of southwark (ideally the most polluted roads to start off with!)

2. enabling hassle/redtape-free community use of ALL green spaces (somehow reducing the risk of random greenery carnages on council estates, for example; or established orchards)

3. council sticking to their strategic/other policies regardless of the needs of developers or leading parties' wishes would also be really good (be it environmental, planning, housing etc)

4. establishing a car-free green walking/cycling network across the whole of southwark, esp around schools, to encourage people of all ages to walk & cycle
Tuesday 16 July 2013 3.10pm
graham wrote:
Keep it up chaps, I'm enjoying the vision, seems like the trolls are on holiday.

And it was going so well ... talk about looking for trouble ... lol
Wednesday 17 July 2013 2.22pm
graham wrote:
Keep it up chaps, I'm enjoying the vision, seems like the trolls are on holiday.
Some of these ideas are outside Southwark's control. What about things like street sweeping, and rubbish collection?

Who's that trip-trapping over my bridge?
Wednesday 17 July 2013 2.27pm
bdim wrote:
graham wrote:

And it was going so well ... talk about looking for trouble ... lol
...or being patronising.
...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 17 July 2013 2.41pm
Is "trolls" the new name for constituents who don't agree with their public servant?
Wednesday 17 July 2013 3.04pm
No , Surely that would make such a constituent a 'gonk' ( definition."2.A stupid or dull person.)
Wednesday 17 July 2013 3.09pm
Can we keep this thread to a sensible discussion of public policy, please?

I realise the temptation for Lib Dem-bashing is very strong but please try to resist, at least in this thread.

Graham has tried to open up a dialogue on important policy matters and it would be nice if people could engage constructively.

Thanks.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 17 July 2013 3.12pm
Am I missing something? Where is the Lib Dem bashing?
Wednesday 17 July 2013 3.49pm
I think it's great that local councillors come on here and try to engage.

However, I think it's poor if they come on here and use that sort of language.

...if you press it, they will come.
cbg
Wednesday 17 July 2013 6.23pm
More dedicated cycle lanes and any further iniative to reduce traffic would be welcome.

Green open spaces accessible to the public as part of the new high rise developments.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions