London SE1 community website

Casse-Croûte Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 17 July 2013 3.02pm
maurits wrote:
...they do take reservations, although only for tables after 20h00.
Not sure about that Maurits - I also popped in yesterday evening and made a booking (for tomorrow night) and I'm pretty sure I was offered either (a) early doors, but must vacate the table by 8-ish or (b) after 8pm in which case the table's yours until closing time.

Sorry EWJ1974, can't help with a contact number.
Friday 19 July 2013 9.35am
EWJ1974 wrote:
Does anyone have telephone number for bookings?
Searched the internet and couldnt find one.
Many thanks

It's 020 7407 2140, according to their business card. We had an excellent meal there last night.
Friday 19 July 2013 9.42am
Thank you
Monday 12 August 2013 7.36pm
Took my mum and dad here on the weekend and we had a very good meal.

No fixed menu, seemingly just a daily changing selection of 3 starters, 3 mains, 3 deserts, plus a selection of sliced cheeses and meats.

Tiny, nice atmosphere, pleasant staff, tasty French food.
cbg
Saturday 31 August 2013 8.06am
Very positive review in the weekend edition of the Guardian.
Sunday 1 September 2013 5.25pm
Does their fan annoy anyone else? I have to cross the street every time I pass it now.
Tuesday 3 September 2013 12.36pm
Went last night for the first time. Lovely ambience, excellent food, very well priced.
Hope we can go again before word gets out completely.
Sunday 8 September 2013 7.48am
Met Herve the owner and we had a great dinner. Everything worked out.. The new strategy with these small restaurants is to have a few tables, that makes it look always full versus big rooms that are often empty most of the day..another great addition to B str. Next we need a pizza/ Italian restaurant?
Sunday 8 September 2013 9.33am
Larry_k - keep your eye out for what Sam Harris (Zucca) is planning ;-)

I love Casse Croute. I'd go there every day if I could.
Sunday 8 September 2013 3.49pm
larry_k wrote:
Met Herve the owner and we had a great dinner. Everything worked out.. The new strategy with these small restaurants is to have a few tables, that makes it look always full versus big rooms that are often empty most of the day..another great addition to B str. Next we need a pizza/ Italian restaurant?

I do agree that we need a good pizza restaurant, now that Basilico seems to be disappointing.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions