London SE1 community website

One Tower Bridge noisy neighbours

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 1 April 2014 8.18pm
Credit to you, "Head of DM", for commenting, but that's a load of rubbish. A friend of mine lives in block 3 of Devon Mansions and the effect - or "impact" - of the development means that much less sunlight enters (and that's on the third floor). Where there was once a nice view of Tower Bridge now has a view into what will soon be someone's front room. As SERES says: "...consultants who prepare them and dance to the tune of the developer".
Tuesday 1 April 2014 8.45pm
"Just goes to show what a complete sham are the quasi scientific light and visual impact studies on the council planning website, and the consultants who prepare them and dance to the tune of the developer."

Don't deny poor old Peter John his free lunches.
Tuesday 1 April 2014 8.52pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Credit to you, "Head of DM", for commenting, but that's a load of rubbish. A friend of mine lives in block 3 of Devon Mansions and the effect - or "impact" - of the development means that much less sunlight enters (and that's on the third floor). Where there was once a nice view of Tower Bridge now has a view into what will soon be someone's front room. As SERES says: "...consultants who prepare them and dance to the tune of the developer".

What is rubbish about the facts? Of course, there are impacts and some reduction in daylight/sunlight to some neighbouring properties. The consideration is not whether there is an impact, but if that impact is so adverse that it outweighs the benefits of development. Sadly, no one has a right to a view, although I have some sympathy with those who enjoyed an unrestricted view for some time (albeit across a development site).

And thanks for the note of credit. Hopefully my comments help dispell a little of the mystery and misunderstanding around planning decisions.
Tuesday 1 April 2014 9.26pm
Head of DM wrote:
for some time (albeit across a development site

Devon Mansions predate Tower Bridge.
Wednesday 2 April 2014 9.59am
i just love the way extra floors not in the original planning application just grewed like topsy!
Tee
Thursday 3 April 2014 9.54pm
Horrible development. Very much a blott on the landscape. As a local who walks past here often, i will miss the views of Tower Bridge.
Friday 4 April 2014 12.22pm
I also love the way the separate blocks are so close together that you could probably reach your neighbour's window for a cup of sugar by reaching across from your balcony.

Entirely designed to enhance developer profits, with no considerations for comfortable living
Tuesday 8 April 2014 8.19am
This is an unsightly development that blocks out light over the park and various views of Tower Bridge. It is, to be honest, a blight on the local area which was previously reasonably balanced - I realise many developments in the area are new, but maintaining the aspect of the park and bridge views was pretty nice I thought. Making a lot of money for someone though I expect.
Friday 11 April 2014 4.42am
the saddest thing is, this area was to replace the old bethel estate with proper social housing ... now foxtons will sell you a one bedroom for a million squid (and, a little spare change back)
Saturday 24 May 2014 7.35pm
Bet the vulgar roadshows like the one that has appeared today denying park access to locals do not feature in the immaculate OTB brochures!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions