London SE1 community website

Tesco Empire Square re-opens

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 26 September 2013 2.02pm
there are fewer tills and more self service points...I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the incessant "unidentified item" announcements and the constant need to get clearance for my bottle of wine!
Saturday 28 September 2013 3.09pm
The new wine and beer fridges are broken already no change there then
Saturday 28 September 2013 6.50pm
Ridiculous beyond belief. The refit has seen the store worsen, I complained Thurs night they no longer seem to stock ice the assistant said maybe we'll get some next week! The fridges with the alcohol in are warm. Tonight I complained that a price on the shelf for 9 Tesco toilet rolls read 3.50 whilst the scanned barcode on the till produced 3.68 first of all she argued that it would change when I hit the pay button then when it didn't she didn't make any attempt to check, I told her I didn't want the 18p but did want her to take the incorrect price off the shelf, she totally ignored me and spoke to the queue of people to advise them to Self Service, Self Service like always! I'm going to email head office but I doubt it will make any difference...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Saturday 28 September 2013 11.17pm
I think the store refit is much better - its a self service store in central London - it is what it is - dont expect anything more....!
Sunday 29 September 2013 7.55am
It is what it isr... And will stay that way whilst people accept it!!! I will complain to head office and ask to speak to the illusive Raj who was introduced to us in the leaflet sent to let us know the store was reopening and I will complain again and again if I need to about all the errors I see and if more people would only do the same and not put up with 'It is what it is' I am sure we would see some improvement :-)

D x
Sunday 29 September 2013 9.37am
Well I have the complaint into head office....
Tesco express Long Lane SE1 has always been a bit hit and miss, often not open at 7am or even 0715 and lacking in many of the goods I seek but I can put up with that. What has annoyed me this week is since the refit the store no longer stocks Ice Cubes which until now have a been a regular feature, when I complained to the lady shoving people onto the self service tills she replied maybe we get some next week, to which I replied maybe I will complain to head office, she smiled and nodded! then yesterday I went in to buy a few bits one of which were 9 Tesco toilet rolls, these were priced at 3.50 on the shelf but came up 3.68 on the till, first of all the assistant argued that it would change when I hit the pay button then when it didn't she didn't make any attempt to check, I told her I didn't want the 18p but did want her to take the incorrect price off the shelf, she totally ignored me and spoke to the queue of people to advise them to Self Service, Self Service like always!

D x
Sunday 29 September 2013 11.18am
Can't comment on the store as I never use Tesco but the store is legally obliged to display the correct price on the shelves or it is commiting a criminal offence. However you can't insist on them selling to you at the label price, so I guess that is why they are so indifferent. More info here (it is for NI but the clearest info I could find and I believe the law is the same in E&W).

Southwark are clearly rubbish at enforcing this - as demonstrated by a trip around Morrisons on Walworth Road yesterday where many shelf edge labels were either missing entirely or not relevant to the goods displayed.

[Edited for typo!]
Monday 30 September 2013 10.31am
I went back to Tesco Sunday...The price on the shelf still read 3.50 I complained to a different member of staff, she checked and removed it...

D x
Monday 30 September 2013 12.55pm
They have removed the battery recycle bin and none of the staff on the shift yesterday knew where it might have gone to so I was told they no longer have one...
Monday 30 September 2013 1.18pm
The staff in there are next to useless, a chap was asking for Garic Salt unsuccessfully on Thursday night whilst I was tring to find out if they had any ice out the back and eventually got told to try again next week! He was told no they didn't have it, not because they didn't but because the assistant didn't understand what she was being asked...
Perhaps they should all do a training session in " Our store, product knowledge and what we stock"

p.s I noticed yesterday they have ice in again now...

D x
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions