London SE1 community website

Tesco Empire Square re-opens

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Monday 30 September 2013 2.42pm
Vote with your feet and walk a couple of minutes round the corner to Sainsburys.
Monday 30 September 2013 2.48pm
Don't get me started on Sainsburys!!

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Monday 30 September 2013 3.09pm
I don't understand the refurb in the Sainsbury's on BHS
They seem to have gained no space but now have to have reduced opening on a Sunday
I understand that Sunday trading is linked to floor space but to loose out on circa 4 hours of trading on a Sunday seems ridiculous!!
Monday 30 September 2013 3.17pm
EWJ1974 wrote:
I don't understand the refurb in the Sainsbury's on BHS
They seem to have gained no space but now have to have reduced opening on a Sunday
I understand that Sunday trading is linked to floor space but to loose out on circa 4 hours of trading on a Sunday seems ridiculous!!
This is one of many bug bears about the Sainsbury Refit...They lost 4 hours trading no longer stock any of the Basics range that they used to, they seem to be catering mainly for the Hostel over the road and Mon-Fri crowd :(

D x
Monday 30 September 2013 4.11pm
I now do almost all of my grocery shopping online. Much better access to a wider range of products and deals, delivery within a one hour window for less than the cost of a taxi back from the big supermarket - none of the stress of hunting around for things on shelves, and my laptop never tells me there's an unexpected item in my bagging area.
Monday 30 September 2013 4.20pm
Guy's street wrote:
and my laptop never tells me there's an unexpected item in my bagging area.

I actually Lol'd at this... Thanks for brightening an otherwise dull afternoon

Online shopping is of course one way around the problem but I don't think you can beat picking your own fresh fruit, veg and fresh porduce and meat etc out

D x
Monday 30 September 2013 4.52pm
dvjj wrote:
Guy's street wrote:
and my laptop never tells me there's an unexpected item in my bagging area.

I actually Lol'd at this... Thanks for brightening an otherwise dull afternoon

Online shopping is of course one way around the problem but I don't think you can beat picking your own fresh fruit, veg and fresh porduce and meat etc out

There is that, but I think if you're picking your own fruit/veg/meat out from Tesco/Saino's anyway, your expectations can only be so high anyway!
Monday 30 September 2013 8.13pm
Have you checked, at the bottom of the till receipts, there is info how you can send your views to Tesco via text or online? Or is that not in every branch? Just told them what I thought of the Gt. Suffolk St branch. Guess they will notice some trends if loads of people point out same issues?
Tuesday 1 October 2013 9.03am
I had a phone call from the Customer service Department asking questions about who the lady ignoring me was so it would seem they investiagte complaints...

D x
Tuesday 1 October 2013 3.39pm
but these little Tescos are just franchises. I doubt Tesco head office really bothers much about them so long as they pay up
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions