London SE1 community website

Grange Pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Sunday 21 September 2014 9.17pm
Had a lovely roast beef there today. Nice pub, nice vibe, lovely big beer garden.
Monday 22 September 2014 8.50am
We went for a few pints on Friday night and it was really nice. Not that many people in there but it's early days.
Monday 22 September 2014 11.57am
I went to the opening of the renovated Grange Pub and think it's fantastic! The wood fired pizza oven and beer garden really improve the pub from how it was before.

Far too many pubs have been converted into flats - this one was only saved after we put it on the Community Asset List which halted the sale for 6 months until a buyer could be found to keep it as a pub.

I hope to go in as often as I can - please do too!

Ben Johnson
Councillor for Grange Ward
Sunday 28 September 2014 10.36am
Went for late Saturday lunch yesterday with 2 friends and I have to say the food was great! Had the chorizo hash while my friends tried the pizzas with interesting toppings (crispy sage). Wood fired pizza oven at the back. Owner came over & introduced himself. Very personable chap. Hope he is successful. Work almost finished so now less like a building site. Will be back to try the Sunday roast. Do give the pub a try. A very welcome addition to the neighbourhood.
Sunday 28 September 2014 2.11pm
I have had lunch there today and wholeheartedly agree with Juanita. I also had the chorizo hash and thought it was wonderful. Puddings were great too. We sat outside and without asking the dog was given water. Good service and excellent food!!
Monday 13 October 2014 9.25pm
Hello all,
Matt here - the new(ish) landlord at The Grange. Five months in and it's been rather a slog turning the old girl around.. but the end of the building site stage of things is nigh.
Thanks for all your positive comments and we hope to welcome you all sooner rather than later.
Cheers!
Tuesday 14 October 2014 11.00pm
Went in there last week and really enjoyed it. The place has loads of potential.

The interior has been nicely refurbished, but the real attraction is the fantastic walled garden out the back. Such outside space is extremely rare in SE1 - I can only think of the heaving Woolpack that can compete.

The food was good. If I was going to be picky I'd say the pizzas still haven't quite been perfected, but I'm optimistic they will get there. The house white wasn't great for the price, and I'd like to see a better range of beers on tap and in bottles - none of the bermondsey brews currently available.

Will definitely be back.
Tuesday 10 February 2015 11.47pm
Old thread.. new reply!

We're now stocking 4 of the 6 'local' breweries: Partizan, Fourpure, BBNo and The Kernel. Lots to whet your appetite.

Plus cask ales.. two at a time, so far.

We'll be opening seven nights for dinner very shortly.. stay tuned or follow us on twitter or facebook.

cheers.. and hope to see you soon.. Matt
Wednesday 11 February 2015 9.46am
I walk past The Grange every morning and have loved to see the ugly duckling turning into a swan, the place is looking great and I hope to having a pint of Kernel there very soon.
Wednesday 11 February 2015 11.30am
I echo entirely what Simon says. What a beautiful building it is - seems criminal to have painted it, masking the ornate brickwork - and well done Matt. Looks really nice.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions