London SE1 community website

St John's Churchyard regeneration

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
sarah
Thursday 2 May 2002 2.53pm
There was an exhibition organised yesterday by the people who are going to (hopefully) redesign St John's Park (between Tower Bridge Road, Druid St & Fair St). They were very open to ideas and suggestions and it was all very encouraging and exciting, but I forgot to ask about their programme and if it will really ever happen, I also forgot to ask who they were. I know some of the funding is coming from the PLP. Can anyone help? (James?).

Thanks
Thursday 2 May 2002 3.56pm
Ya! we are good samaretains too,i can do that good walk to help them.Please tolk to me .
Ya!!Yours Ronnie.
Thursday 2 May 2002 6.31pm
Are you foreign?
Thursday 2 May 2002 7.08pm
what do you think
Friday 3 May 2002 10.31am
possiblement.
Friday 3 May 2002 10.04pm
Poor old Miss Marcelle Superstar. Perhaps French is de rigeur dans le churchyard. I am assuming t'other Sarah is talking about the churchyard by St John's Church Waterloo. In which case if she emails me I can pass the query on to the guy who is working with the rough sleepers there and has been trying to set up a Friends Group.

If it is a completely different place, and I did not recognise the street names, Banside Open Spaces Trust are usually the umbrella organisation for regeneration initiatives in green spaces in North Southwark. Again I have a contact.

Or approach the Parks Dept in either Lambeth or Southwark.
Saturday 20 July 2002 8.33pm
Have you ascertained feasability yet?

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions