London SE1 community website

"Superfast" broadband - Fibre providers and availability

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 1 November 2013 1.32am
i have virgin media as my broadband provider and the 60mb connection works very nicely :)
Monday 11 November 2013 10.37pm
Zen. They rock. Look them up. I'm in Southwark and we have recently switched to Zen super fast broadband and after a really bad experience with Plusnet it's happily ever after here.
Tuesday 12 November 2013 6.10am
Hi Davies - I have been with Plusnet since 1997 and never had a problem. Can I ask how much Zen charge you and is the Zen package identical to Plusnet? - thanks.
Tuesday 12 November 2013 11.19am
Hi I'm on Pocock Street, been looking into this and told by Openreach that Southbank Exchange will be fibre ready Feb 2014 despite Sept 2013 on website "to drive interest". That means one should be able to order fibre from BT and all those that use their fibre (everyone except Virgin).
Wednesday 13 November 2013 12.43am
BT wrote to me last week stating "fibre optic broadband is available in your area now". However, my fibre order with Sky has been open for two months now :(
Wednesday 13 November 2013 10.21am
Although the Openreach website has indicated since September that my nearest exchange (Southwark) is "accepting orders", my ISP (Zen) tells me that it will be around six months before they can install it…….it appears that the cabinets are ready but the fibre optic cable has yet to be run from the exchange and that the sight of huge cable drums and roadworks will be an indication that it's getting near.
RZ
Wednesday 13 November 2013 9.24pm
I'm on Boss Street - Southwark exchange, according to Openreach - and I got fibre installed yesterday through Zen.

73Mbps. :)
Wednesday 13 November 2013 9.33pm
RZ, who is your provider? I am on Lafone Street and still no news and it says my area is not a cable area!
RZ
Wednesday 13 November 2013 10.34pm
philbse1, I got it through Zen but in theory any of providers listed on http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/buy-it-now/ will do.
Thursday 14 November 2013 12.15pm
So Zen have told JayBee that Southwark isn't enabled but have provided fibre to RZ?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions