London SE1 community website

Great Guildford Street Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 31 July 2014 1.23pm
They might have to learn to spell their ingredients correctly, etc, before I'd be tempted to pay a lot of money for a steak or some chicken.

(But I'm fussy like that.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 4 August 2014 10.25am
Perhaps I'm the only one out there without the wit and surefooted brain power of turtmcfly but just in case there's another soul in Southwark that doesn't have a thesaurus or medical dictionary to hand "emphysemic" is described as...
"A pathological condition of the lungs marked by an abnormal increase in the size of the air spaces, resulting in labored breathing and an increased susceptibility to infection. It can be caused by irreversible expansion of the alveoli or by the destruction of alveolar walls."
Ah, of course, crystal clear!!

Now I'm going to back off. My chins sticking right out..and its made of glass!
Monday 4 August 2014 4.21pm
Tolstoy wrote:
Had a look round yesterday, forgot to ask about the price of a beer. I'm guessing a little more than your average?

6.75 for 500ml according to the drinks menu here.

That's 7.69 a pint, or 8.63 a pint if they add 12.5% service, as the menu threatens. The only places I've paid more than that are Norway and Qatar.
Monday 4 August 2014 5.51pm
Ouch! At those prices the spirits are a better option. I'm always bemused how bars that lean heavily on the Art theme subsequently hike their prices. A real 'art bar' would have to be dirt cheap for any artists to drink in it!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions