London SE1 community website

Cheap barber

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 19 December 2013 9.53pm
A nice young man gave me a very good haircut at a new barber shop on the Old Kent Road today. It cost me a fiver (to which I added a 1 tip). I think they're called Manhattan and they're located just before the Tesco, coming from the Elephant.
Friday 20 December 2013 3.44pm
11 upon checking...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Wednesday 23 September 2015 9.03am
boroughonian wrote:
Short cuts in London rd 7

Better late than never... I finally tried Shortcuts. Took me ages because it's neither on my way home nor work.
I wish I did it earlier: it's exactly what I was looking for, cheap, quick, but decent.
The price is now 8.
Thanks boroughonian!
Wednesday 23 September 2015 12.31pm
Kardo's on Tower Bridge Road, close to Gregg's and the Hire shop.
10 for a trimmer cut.
Have been going for years.
Great value and nice guys.
Wednesday 23 September 2015 1.39pm
"KJ's The Barbers" located at 23 Gerridge Street SE1 near St George's Cathedral and Imperial War Museum does a great haircut. I have been going for several years and won't go anywhere else now, great haircuts and very reasonably priced.
Wednesday 23 September 2015 2.07pm
boroughonian wrote:
Short cuts in London rd 7

The dude here is really great. Cheap, friendly and he will do you a neat clipper cut.
Saturday 17 September 2016 11.11am
Been going to the chap in Elephant Shopping Centre for 30 years but went today and he's closed till end of the month. Remembered this thread so tried Short Cuts in London Road, RESULT!
Good polite service, excellent value. 8 and just 7 for OAPs - but I didn't have the heart to ask for that :-)
Saturday 17 September 2016 12.39pm
George on Bermondsey St has been there 40 odd years.
Likes a bet & often has the racing on the telly.
When there used to be a bookies a few doors down he would sometimes nip out in between customers, sometimes in the middle of a cut & if he'd had a good win was known to come back with a couple of cans of Guinness & would treat you to a can while getting your hair cut
Saturday 17 September 2016 7.06pm
To all those who have posted rates of 10.00 or less: were these cuts done with scissors, or shears?

Monday 19 September 2016 2.05pm
Scissors, I asked for to be sure.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions