London SE1 community website

Ticino vs Franco Manca

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Saturday 18 January 2014 9.27pm
Sneak preview of Ticino pizza menu taken through cafe window today

http://twitter.com/rikkiprice/status/424653658467627008/photo/1
Monday 20 January 2014 2.26pm
You wait for a decent pizza place to open on B st for 10 years, then three turn up at once !
Monday 20 January 2014 3.56pm
Franco Manca is my favourite spot for pizza in London (I am italian). There are other good places (Sartori, very close to Leicester Square is one of them) but nothing can offer the same value. Last time I've been to Franco Manca: 1 starter, 1 pizza, 1 beer and 1 coffee: 13, less than a delivery, and everything is organic and usually excellent.

I am very happy that they are opening in SE1!
Tuesday 21 January 2014 3.56am
I completely agree with mickybar. I will not need to go to Clapham to have a great pizza!
Tuesday 21 January 2014 5.00pm
Great news for pizza consumers! Love Franco Manca for its delicious pizzas at great prices. At least I won't have to travel to Brixton anymore just to get one. Have to say I hope cafe Amisha isn't affected by the influx of new pizza places as it has to be one of my favourite neighbourhood restaurants. Especially as they do a 5.99 kids meal which helps when just wanting a cheapish meal out.
Thursday 23 January 2014 11.06am
I asked one of the people milling in and out of Ticino premises the other day when they're going to open for a business. "A couple of weeks - we're ironing out the wrinkles". Watch that space...
Friday 24 January 2014 6.10pm
Think there is plenty of room and custom for both businesses
Tuesday 28 January 2014 6.31pm
Hello SE1,

I would like to introduce myself to you i am the new head chef at Ticino Restaurant.

We are planing to open for breakfast lunch and dinner offering good honest well cooked food. good quality cooked breakfasts, Pizza's, Small plates and dishes to share,
I aim to offer the street great quality ingredients cooked very simply.
Friday 31 January 2014 5.20pm
What about telling us when Ticino opens? Every time I walk past, it's closed! Not appealing!
Saturday 1 February 2014 12.05am
Hi everyone!
Nice to "meet" you here, I am Gabriele, the Pizza Chef of Ticino.
We are very close to the opening!!! Be ready to taste the best Napolitan Pizza in Bermondsey street!!
It will be fantastic. Stay tuned and come to see Ticino Restaurant.

http://instagram.com/p/j2kZXWifGZ/

http://instagram.com/p/j2kgB1CfGp/
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions