London SE1 community website

Ticino vs Franco Manca

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7
Saturday 1 February 2014 3.45pm
exciting!
Saturday 1 February 2014 4.55pm
Hurry, hurry,hurry - we have been ever so patient !!
Saturday 1 February 2014 7.36pm
What about giving us a date!
Friday 7 February 2014 9.01pm
hi everyone

I can now confirm that on the 18th of February Ticino will be open for business breakfast, lunch and dinner.

we will be using some amazing produce and treating it with the care it deserves.

Dishes like hand dived scallops with spiced cauliflower puree and panchetta, calamari , chirizo, artichokes and lemon, braised ox tail with girolles and gnocchi.

for dessert lemon tart or cheese cake with baked apples and nuts. neils yard cheese and a great selection of Ice-Creams.

hope you'll all pop in and give us a try
Friday 7 February 2014 10.24pm
Now I'm disappointed; I was looking forward to an establishment which sold fresh bread from the bakery and which brought something different to the street - pizzas. There are numerous outlets (Jose, Pizzarro, Zucca, Vilage East, Antico etc) for the food you describe.

The confused fusion o f flavours (chorizo is a restaurant allied to an Italian bakery in preference to Luganica or Calabrese sausage) makes me despair.
Friday 7 February 2014 10.42pm
I concur.

All you need to do is produce fresh authentic pizza with a limited selection of quality toppings at reasonable prices.

That really is it.

You'll spend less on ingredients, make more profit and your customers will keep coming back for more.
Saturday 8 February 2014 3.21pm
I agree, after such a long wait that news of a confused "all things to all men" offering is disappointing.
Oh well, we can look forward instead to Farina and Franco Manca.
Saturday 8 February 2014 7.33pm
Yep I agree too. Nothing new there, or stunningly authentic. The Garrison were pushing out Neal's Yard cheese a decade ago.

So if this place isn't the pizza heaven it was rumoured to be, and the Zucca chap has put his place on hold, are we now down to one, lone, hope of a decent pizza?
Sunday 9 February 2014 8.51am
Perhaps you're jumping the gun a bit - per Gabriele's message there will be pizzas too. Shame his image links don't work!
Monday 10 February 2014 9.16pm
I know from certain sources, that Ticino will make an exelent Pizza.

I know as well that Ticino's pizza will be done with the tipical italian ingredients, coming from small but autentical high quality italian manufacturers.

I would like to make this question to all of you: Would you prefer to eat a good pizza or you would prefer the usual food, that everyone in Bermondsay st. offer?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions