London SE1 community website

Street lights in Rockingham Street / Arch Street alleyway

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 15 September 2014 9.40pm
Hi everyone

I walked past Arch Street again on Friday night and I can see the lighting is still not working.

I've brought this to the attention of officers again today. I'll also be contacting Network Rail this week.

You might also want to look into Cleaner Greener Safer scheme which can provide money for improvements to local areas. The deadline for applications is 7th November. I'm happy to meet with anyone who's interested in the money that might be available.

Karl Eastham
Labour Councillor
Chaucer
[email protected]
Wednesday 17 September 2014 3.55pm
Hi

I've just found out that the street is privately owned by L&Q, the Housing Association. The council has already contacted them about this and I will follow this up.

This needs to be sorted now the nights are drawing in.

Best wishes

Karl Eastham
Labour Councillor
Chaucer
[email protected]
Wednesday 17 September 2014 4.13pm
Hi All

Thanks for the feedback.
Karl, very interesting to hear it is L and Q. They are my landlord and I had planned to bring it up with the resident services officer so will do so asap. I did mention it to the sales team who moved me in but they advised me to contact the local authority. Interestingly, on another note, they said that they could not lower the bollards to allow vehicle access for moving in as they were also controlled by the LA which I guess is wrong!

And yes, agree that it needs to be done before it gets darker and earlier point about there being other issues with the street apart from just the lights.

I will update if I make any progress with L and Q.
Naomi
Wednesday 17 September 2014 4.24pm
The lights were working from march to the end of August, they went off just before the bank holiday weekend.

Don't know if it's because of a technical problem or because somebody decided that it would have been good to save some money.

Thank you all for the efforts. Let's hope to find a solution soon.
M
Thursday 25 September 2014 6.51pm
Hi all,

Just to let you know that L&Q have said that their contractor has been on site today to fix the lights, so this should hopefully now be sorted.

I'm around there now so will check they're on, but not sure it's dark enough. Please do get in touch if they are not fixed, or if they go off again in the future.

Best wishes

Karl
Chaucer Labour Councillor
Friday 26 September 2014 9.39am
Yeah lights were on yesterday evening!
Thanks for your effort
M
Friday 26 September 2014 12.04pm
The L&Q lights were working last night.
The Southwark lights on the garages were off however. So the unlit half was now lit and the lit half was unlit! I just don't understand why it's so hard to keep this street lit?

The alley's always been horribly used as a urinal but people are pooing down the alley too since the lights went out!! It's turning in to a health risk!
Friday 26 September 2014 12.25pm
How annoying. Apologies for that, I will follow up with council officers.

Thanks for letting me know

Karl Eastham
Chaucer Councillor
Sunday 28 September 2014 2.40pm
karleastham wrote:
How annoying. Apologies for that, I will follow up with council officers.
Thanks for letting me know

Karl Eastham
Chaucer Councillor

Brilliant, thanks!
L&Q are meant to be paving over the flower beds (which have become sess pits) but it permanently seems to be happening next month.
Tuesday 7 October 2014 12.41am
I'm very disappointed to have to bring back this post again. I came back after a weekend abroad tonight and noticed that both the L&Q lights and the council lights were off in the street. Total dark. It's a neverending story :( why it's so difficult to keep those lights on?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions