London SE1 community website

Breakfast Club - Southwark Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 13 October 2014 11.09pm
schnake wrote:
queues were enormous on sunday, it's good, but not THAT (waiting for at least an hour) good. ridiculous really. NO WHERE near was a breakfast to be had. c'mon se1-ers, can we have another breakfast place please. not frilly and fancy, not keen on the caf' - somewhere inbetween?
Always enjoyed brunch at Del'Aziz Bermondsey Square
Tuesday 14 October 2014 7.54am
As long as you're not in a rush, or hungry.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 14 October 2014 8.05am
[quote Ivanhoe]As long as you're not in a rush, or hungry.[/
I usually book a table so I don't know what it is like to turn up on spec
Tuesday 14 October 2014 1.08pm
Ah, sorry, I meant that my experience of (both Blue Fin and B Square) Del Azizs is that the waiting staff are pleasant but painfully slow (however busy the place may be).

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 14 October 2014 9.11pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Ah, sorry, I meant that my experience of (both Blue Fin and B Square) Del Azizs is that the waiting staff are pleasant but painfully slow (however busy the place may be).

I fully agree with this. I had breakfast in Del Aziz on Bermondsey Square last Sunday and service was indeed friendly but slow and clumsy.
Wednesday 15 October 2014 1.45am
I've only ever been to The Breakfast Club in the City, and usually I'm hungover so would eat a doormat as long as it was seasoned. As a chain you do pay for the razzmatazz rather than the quality of ingredients etc.

Has the southwark street branch got a "secret" bar hidden away? You walk through a giant fridge in the restaurant off bishops gate which is fairly amusing upon the first visit.

As breakfasts go you can't really go wrong with Cote. Ok, it's not super cool (man) but it is good value/quality.
Wednesday 15 October 2014 9.46am
I refuse to book a table for breakfast can't be certain what time I will wake at the weekend and no way setting an alarm!

Someone else mentioned Cote to me, is that in Hays Galleria?

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Wednesday 15 October 2014 1.25pm
dvjj wrote:

Someone else mentioned Cote to me, is that in Hays Galleria?

It is indeed in Hays Galleria
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions