London SE1 community website

C10 passengers revolt

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Friday 7 February 2014 12.44am
I am sorry for your travel troubles Tom Pepper, but I am writing to admire- your use of the word 'parapluie' which I expect is the first on this forum. Exceptional - and no I am not being sarky. Respect.
Friday 7 February 2014 9.16am
C10s last night were chucking everyone off at thhe elephant despite having Canada water on the front and being stuffed full-we were told there was another bus behind which there was but it was already full when it got to us

Dreadful way to run a bus service!
Friday 7 February 2014 9.48am
Kory wrote:
I am sorry for your travel troubles Tom Pepper, but I am writing to admire- your use of the word 'parapluie' which I expect is the first on this forum. Exceptional - and no I am not being sarky. Respect.

Vous êtes très aimable Kory, je parle souvent le français, c'était la seule leçon intéressante à mon école, ma femme est surpris quand nous sommes à La République.
Dit-elle, "je pensais que tout était un chauffeur de taxi, pas un linguiste!"
Friday 7 February 2014 12.28pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
Kory wrote:

Vous êtes très aimable Kory, je parle souvent le français, c'était la seule leçon intéressante à mon école, ma femme est surpris quand nous sommes à La République.
Dit-elle, "je pensais que tout était un chauffeur de taxi, pas un linguiste!"

LOL! (or: rire à haute voix according to google translate) )
Friday 7 February 2014 1.46pm
ou est le sange?
Friday 7 February 2014 3.46pm
pros wrote:
ou est le sange?

In Tanzania, apparently (according to Wikipedia).

Or did you mean "Where is the blood?" (sang)
Or "Where is the monkey?" (singe)

Either way, ???
Friday 7 February 2014 4.28pm
Seems like a return to the bad old days under Limebourne - I well remember waiting over an hour for a bus at Victoria when they should have been every 15 minutes. When I phoned TfL Enquiries they said there was nothing they could do about it...

Wouldn't have been much help when any buses following will be rammed but if the bus you are on does terminate before the destination shown when you got on and you have paid cash or Oyster PAYG then you are entitled to a bus transfer ticket so you don't need to pay again on the next bus. One of several benefits to the passenger TfL keeps virtually silent on - more details here: Bus Transfer Tickets
Friday 7 February 2014 5.17pm
pros wrote:
ou est le sange?

le singe est dans l'arbre of course!
(replied in kind so you didn't look silly :O) )
Friday 7 February 2014 5.54pm
daisysteiner22 wrote:
pros wrote:
ou est le sange?

le singe est dans l'arbre of course!
(replied in kind so you didn't look silly :O) )
thank you :) (i did think i got the spelling wrong) x
Zoe
Friday 7 February 2014 8.47pm
I agree that it is happening more and more and it means journeys take ages. Is this a TfL policy or just an inability to run a service.

Feel like I should say that in French.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions