London SE1 community website

Billboards on the flyover

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Thursday 24 December 2015 8.52am
Let's hope some vandals shimmy up with a can of black paint and obliterate it.
Thursday 24 December 2015 11.26pm
I get so fed up of looking at planning applications. It takes so long to work out which document to open. Not sure what the changes are but feel I ought to. Looks to me like a huge TV type screen which will show moving images and facing on-coming traffic. This can't be right can it, why would anyone want to distract drivers?
Friday 25 December 2015 5.51pm
I think they are deliberately made to confuse Karen ....I know what you mean when looking at these applications I don't understand!
Saturday 26 December 2015 9.56pm
Site C (North East corner of island) was refused by Southwark 17.12.15

Site A is still, as yet, undecided.

Seems to me that the reasons for refusal of site C apply even more forcefully to the revised site B - as B is now closer to the Bermondsey Conservation area.
Tuesday 16 February 2016 4.48pm
Have just seen the news item about TfL objecting to the illuminated billboard on road safety grounds. To say that is irony is an understatement given the huge screens TfL have installed themselves in other locations - such as this one on Euston Road.
Tuesday 16 February 2016 7.05pm
How much does Teflon earn from these signs? That Euston one would play havoc. With me if I Dr ove .
Thursday 18 February 2016 6.18pm
At Euston underpass drivers are driving in a straight line the entire time they see it - and there is no pedestrian crossing there, nor are cyclists allowed in the underpass. It's also only two lanes of traffic.

At Bricklayers Arms drivers will see it whilst changing between four lanes, moving left or straight on or right, while negotiating cyclists, buses crossing lanes to travel NKR - OKR, and pedestrians. In fact every driver who sees that will see it whilst they are negotiating a turn.

Completely different sites and schemes.

jonnyboy122 wrote:
Have just seen the news item about TfL objecting to the illuminated billboard on road safety grounds. To say that is irony is an understatement given the huge screens TfL have installed themselves in other locations - such as this one on Euston Road.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions