London SE1 community website

Bricklayers Arms Neighbourhood Group

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 26 February 2014 7.51pm
The Bricklayers Arms Tenants and Residents Association has represented Darwin, Mason, Chatham Streets and Searles Road for some time. It has been very active in green up and regenerating the local area, including the grassing of the roundabout. If you would like to know more we hold regular monthly meetings at Mardyke House community Rooms at the base of Mardyke House in Crosslet Street, SE17 1HH on the second Monday of each month at 7.15 pm. Please contact Peter Wright on 07949787644 if you need further information. We are at present objecting to a proposed advertising hoarding on New Kent Road close to Searles Road. It will be 65ft high and 20ft wide and is illuminated like a television. See the Southwark Council website for the planning application. Objections close on 11th March 2014.
Thursday 27 February 2014 10.47am
Are those new green patches on the pavements on the roundabout going to stay like this or will they plant something more cheerful or decorative?
Friday 28 February 2014 5.09pm
As you will see the next time you go to the roundabout there are now 24 new trees being planted. I never know when these things are going to happen but after years of campaigning, action is taken - all be it slowly. It looks as if there is going to be a variety of trees so hopefully it will look interesting. I am trying to find out if they will be planting shrubs and flowers as well but at the moment do not know. If they are not we will be planting some plants ourselves and I will send out a message for helpers! So please be alert.
Friday 28 February 2014 9.56pm
Thanks for your post, it sounds encouraging. I can see the roundabout from my flat and would love to see trees. It would make this otherwise very uninspired square a lot kinder.
Sunday 9 March 2014 10.48pm
This area is within the proposed Elephant and Walworth Neighbourhood Plan Area, proposed by local residents and businesses, and about which the Council is currently consulting.

The Council's consultation page can be seen here, and the proposed area map can be downloaded by clicking here. More information on Neighbourhood Planning can be found here.

The Elephant & Walworth Neighbourhood Forum's website, currently under development, can be found at http://www.elephantneighbourhoodforum.org/.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions