London SE1 community website

Sunday Roasts SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 26 February 2014 6.50pm
cant fault The Roebuck and The Rose is pretty good too
Thursday 27 February 2014 10.54am
Pops wrote:
Gourmet scampi or chicken nuggets?!!

Love it!!

I second the recommendation for The Bridge House.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 11 February 2017 5.47pm
Hope you donít mind me resurrecting an old thread but itís a few years since this was raised so want to know the latest good places for a hearty Sunday lunch now the weather is getting wintery.
For what itís worth to get the ball rolling, I have eaten the Sunday roast lamb at the recently opened Elephant & Castle Pub.
The meal was £14 and although good, I could have eaten a larger portion. My wife had the Flat Iron Steak which she said was very good and was about £14 as well.
Have also had the lamb shank at the Horse & Stables pub. Again, a good dinner and larger meal, but at £16.99 it should be.
Anyway any recommendations appreciated.
Saturday 11 February 2017 8.21pm
If my experience at their other restaurants is anything to go by, I'm sure that the new Hawksmoor at Borough Market will do a cracking roast beef if you can wait a couple more weeks for it to open.

It does cost £20 but the food is always perfectly cooked and the portions are large. I prefer to pay the extra knowing it'll be great than risk spending £14/15 on a disappointing lunch.
Monday 13 February 2017 10.47am
I enjoy the Stage Door for Sunday roast. And, though probably off the beaten track for many, the Duke of Sussex in Peckham is good (and good value).

I was quite disppointed last time I went to the Royal Oak in early January.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions