London SE1 community website

Hiring mobility scooters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Zoe
Tuesday 25 March 2014 11.05pm
Does anyone know where I can rent one? I have searched for ages but the only places I can find do longer term rentals or are ridiculously expensive. I am wondering if I am using the wrong search terms as it seems odd I can't find any locally.

I would be grateful for help with this!
Tuesday 25 March 2014 11.30pm
There used to a shop in Southwark Park Road that sold them. Maybe they rent them too.
Zoe
Wednesday 26 March 2014 7.18am
Thanks Gavin, I'll have a look.
Wednesday 26 March 2014 8.42am
Zoe the down the Blue were not honest with my cousin, she rented a wheelchair from them, she is still paying! she could have bought 3 the amount her Mum has paid! make sure they clarify every detail..I know the
Red Cross help with wheelchairs etc. how long do you want it for and I will ring around for you, I need a project to keep me occupied today! lol
Zoe
Wednesday 26 March 2014 1.21pm
It'll be a long weekend (I know that often it's a minimum of a week) and she will need a medium sized one. I would be really grateful if you could call around for me, that would be great. A scooter means I don't have to push her around (like when I took her to the Alhambra, I learnt my lesson from that!).
Wednesday 26 March 2014 3.20pm
The cheapest one I have found is 1 week to 4 and it's a modest 32.00 per week BUT the delivery and collection charge was horrendous. 150.00 Pounds! is you feel flush with lolly the number was 0800 111 6234 and thats for a pride GoGo ES818. I love the Alhambra and would not be able to do it now...will keep looking!
Zoe
Wednesday 26 March 2014 9.56pm
I found the same thing, that the rental might be cheap but the delivery was terrible, it's why I wanted to find somewhere locally. Thanks for ringing around for me.

The Alhambra had terrible disabled access and all the ramps had a little lip, it's not really wheelchair accessible if there is a small step on the ramps!
Thursday 27 March 2014 12.49pm
just had a thought Zoe, ring the Southwark Disabled Association,10 Bradenham..0207 701 1391 the man there Gary, he was helpful to me a few years back..or may even know someone who could lend you one?
Thursday 27 March 2014 1.37pm
Zoe

have you tried these?

http://www.mobilitygiant.co.uk/
Thursday 27 March 2014 2.25pm
Dee i want the one that looks like a harley davison! I went on that site and spoke to a nice young lad who said its a minumum of 6 months, which is a shame for Zoe, but a great site for me to look at..memo to self must buy a crash helmet!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions