London SE1 community website

Tesco Express TBR and the things we take for granted.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Sunday 11 May 2014 9.32pm
I hardly ever go to the OKR Tesco: the E&C store is my local.

If I had to single out a member of staff for always being cheerful and helpful it would have to be Aramit: if only all Tesco service staff could be as sincerely happy to help as he is everyone's shopping experience would greatly improve.
Sunday 11 May 2014 10.55pm
Wow, what a great thread ! I didn't realise it was Mr. Bertin with an "n" because my little Sam calls him "Mr. Bertie" .. Sadly it's no longer my son's local Tesco because he has now moved to the other end of Long Lane but I couldn't agree more with the plaudits for "Mr. Bertie", a rare treasure in today's pretty inhuman supermarket landscape. Mr. Bertie has been so warm and friendly to Sam, giving him big welcoming smiles and high fives and gently advising him to park his scooter at the entrance rather than cause havoc zipping between the aisles. He even comes to greet Sam when we're just passing by outside. Fantastic !
Sunday 11 May 2014 11.37pm
I have to totally agree with the previous comments about Bertin (though I didn't know his name before seeing this post) He is a total gentleman he does always make every customer feel welcome, always offers you a basket too untangles one and hands it to you lovely man.
Monday 12 May 2014 1.49pm
Another emphatic vote from me. Bertin's a star, one of the loveliest guys around - I can't be alone in thinking he deserves a huge pay rise.
Monday 12 May 2014 3.36pm
He's absolutely lovely and always makes me smile. He notices if I haven't been in for a while too. Often have a little bit of banter en francais too delightful.
Monday 12 May 2014 6.54pm
PS. Just to add that he is also a pretty good salesman, more than once tempting me to buy some of the stuff by the front door on special offer. I second the pay rise suggestion !
Monday 12 May 2014 10.53pm
I am thrilled to see so many supporting posts. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and I am glad that so many have picked up on this.

I can only hope that Tesco management will take appropriate action in terms of recognising Bertin's customer service and that they see how much value he adds to their brand. I don't think it is up to me to make recommendations as to how that should be done. But, giving him a print out of this thread would be a great first step.

But that wasn't even the reason why I put it up here. I wanted to share this because I find it important to celebrate people in the community that really make a difference, simply by being kind. For me, Bertin does that. And the fact that several people mentioned "how lovely this thread is" , begs the question whether we should focus a bit more often on the positives in SE1 and on the forum.
Monday 12 May 2014 11.39pm
I don't go in there very often, but I'm always struck by his friendliness. whatever they're paying him, it isn't enough!
Tuesday 13 May 2014 10.30am
Got my vote too...
Tuesday 13 May 2014 11.02am
Maybe they should send him round to the Tesco Metro on Southwark Park Road. I haven't shopped on there for over 2 years because of the rudeness I experienced.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions