London SE1 community website

Fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 May 2014 11.00pm
Staggering off to bed and blasted by a rather good display between ITV and NT. Any idea why? I know the Nt has an anniversary. Alan Bennett canonised. Who knows?
Wednesday 21 May 2014 11.14pm
Yes - fab fireworks. As good a Lord Mayor's! What a nice surprise.
Wednesday 21 May 2014 11.38pm
For the launch of Miss Saigon, apparently.
Thursday 22 May 2014 10.23am
Did they have helicopters ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 22 May 2014 3.00pm
For the launch of Miss Saigon? In that case, why did it have to be so late, and mid-week? I'm sure the noise woke some people who had to get up for work today. I know it woke up, and scared, an elderly lady who I spoke to at the poling station today.
Thursday 22 May 2014 3.30pm
Karen I wrote:
For the launch of Miss Saigon? In that case, why did it have to be so late, and mid-week? I'm sure the noise woke some people who had to get up for work today. I know it woke up, and scared, an elderly lady who I spoke to at the poling station today.

it was so loud my flat rocked, i was trying to get to sleep having had to shut the windows due to drunken revellers in the street then the joy of fireworks... i thought they were much closer to home. i moved to my street cos it was quiet, i guess not anymore

it doesn't seem a very appropriate tribute to something with a vietnam connection...can't wait for Assad the musical
Thursday 22 May 2014 6.51pm
The display started around 10.30, I suppose they have to wait for maximum darkness for the display to be so dramatic.

I thought it was a spectacular display.
Saturday 24 May 2014 1.33pm
Dammit. Missed it.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions