London SE1 community website

Watching the World Cup

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 1 June 2014 12.11pm
After contacting a fair few venues in the area I still can't find somewhere decent staying open late to show the England v Italy game.

Any suggestions?
Sunday 1 June 2014 7.23pm
Great suggestions. Thanks a mil.
Sunday 1 June 2014 10.37pm
Interesting looking options. James - is there any reason the "globe" site is usually vacant? Seems like a prime bit of real estate.
Tuesday 3 June 2014 2.31pm
Just wandering where the forum feels the best places to watch the World Cup will be? The Dean Swift I'm familiar with but it's pretty small..
Tuesday 3 June 2014 2.35pm
depends what you're after and how much money you've got, and if you're really into football - I'd suggest the best place to watch would be in a stadium in Brazil.
Thursday 5 June 2014 12.57pm

We are showing all games on a big projector screen in our bar and opening up the cinema for England games too (ticket required for viewing in the cinema...available from our website: http://shortwavecinema.com/Shortwave.dll/Booking?Booking=TSelectItems.waSelectItemsPrompt.TcsWebMenuItem_0.TcsWebTab_0.TcsPerformance_353022.TcsSection_819)

You can even private hire the cinema for games involving other nations.

Email me for further enquiries. manager@shortwavefilms.co.uk
Friday 6 June 2014 3.08pm
Marigold at the bottom of Bermondsey St is also showing the games

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions