London SE1 community website

Sunday Roast 2014

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 23 June 2014 12.42pm
If everyone was so sensitive this forum would be ruined. That's all.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Monday 23 June 2014 6.56pm
Ivanhoe, you shouldn't be so judgmental of other people. As the parent of two kids, I wasn't in the slightest "offended" by the mention of no children. In fact it sounds positively idyllic! If you are genuinely offended, I'd suggest you get out a bit more!
Monday 23 June 2014 8.00pm
At least Ivanhoe has put the record straight regarding children being allowed in the Goldsmiths, up until his post I would have assumed that they wasn't.
Monday 23 June 2014 9.24pm
I am Italian, and back home most restaurants (except for the trendiest eateries) are children friendly.

A dining room room that rings out with the cacophony of generations families enjoying their meals without worrying about noise makes for a pleasant experience.

I always found the silence of certain restaurants over here rather unnerving...
Monday 23 June 2014 10.05pm
We're fortunate to get out now and again, Gavin, thanks. We tend to really enjoy weekend lunches as a family. It's great to go for a sociable meal with family and friends on a weekend lunch; it's the time of week when everyone's well-rested and in no hurry, and conversation can flow.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 23 June 2014 10.32pm
That's reassuring to hear. The insinuation from your post was that DVJJ had posted something offensive tantamount to racism or discrimination on grounds of sex or disability when that was not the case. Perhaps it's me being silly, but I really think free comment is stifled when "big children" find offence where none is to be found. Don't you think you ought to withdraw those unfounded insinuations/suggestions and apologise to DJVV rather than posting witty replies. If I'm honest, I found your initial reply aggressive - and unnecessarily so - hence my reply.
Tuesday 24 June 2014 5.15am
Gavin Smith wrote:
That's reassuring to hear. The insinuation from your post was that DVJJ had posted something offensive tantamount to racism or discrimination on grounds of sex or disability when that was not the case, I found your initial reply aggressive - and unnecessarily so - hence my reply.
Thanks Gavin Smith for these bits quoted are why I told Ivanhoe to "Behave yourself"

D x
Tuesday 24 June 2014 7.17am
I believe Ivanhoe's tag line explains it all.
Tuesday 24 June 2014 7.41am
Thebunhouse wrote:
I believe Ivanhoe's tag line explains it all.

Lithographics?
Tuesday 24 June 2014 7.49am
Tag line? = Signature?

Should take a leaf out of my book!

Happy Tuesday all :)

D x
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions