London SE1 community website

Ministry of Sound/Coronet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Tuesday 26 August 2014 7.55pm
Ah, that explains the small cylinders I see every Monday morning at the junction of Hardwidge Street and Snowsfields.
Wednesday 27 August 2014 11.12am
I live just round the corner and have seen this mess on a Sunday morning a number of times. Couldn't work out where there was so much of it so far away from both clubs, but guess it makes sense if people are going back to their cars to party
Wednesday 27 August 2014 7.07pm
I think the funny little sherbert dip things I saw in the street are the empty l.g. containers. On the news tonight there was a festival and people were stopped going on or ejected if they had them.
Tuesday 2 September 2014 1.00am
I was wondering if anyone else was going to comment on this. We've been complaining bitterly about the mess, noise, parking on the pavement (and double parking preventing ambulances getting through)now happening regularly on Meadow Row. We're in the vicinity of the Ministry of Sound and The Coronet and at the weekends find silver cannisters, broken glass, assorted flyers - including A2 posters strewn all over the road, tucked into our car windscreens and put through our letterboxes! We're woken at 5am - 7am, by shouting, engines revving, horns beeping and a variety of audible drunken behaviour. It's getting pretty intolerable. Anyone else suffering this - esp in the Rockingham Estate area keep a log of times and dates, photograph the goddawful mess and report it. Either phone 101 - I agree with the post explaining that They won't ring the noise team (who don't come out at that time anyway) - but 101 will log an anti social behaviour call, or email our local councillor Claire Maugham <[email protected]>. AND ABSOLUTELY MAKE AS MUCH FUSS AS POSSIBLE. We are at our wits end, but enough complaints and they will have to look at the licenses of these clubs. We're even trying to get more stringent parking restrictions on Meadow Row - it's got that bad.
Tuesday 2 September 2014 11.40am
I would add to this the fact that the street lights in the alleyway going from New Kent Road to Rockingham St, below the railway, are not working anymore. When I moved there 1 year ago, they were not working. After several emails to the council and councillors, they were restored, but since the bank holiday weekend they are off again. The alleyway is very dark and I am not surprised if any kind of antisocial behavior is happening in the area, especially when clubs are opened. I already wrote to the councillors to get the street lights back, it probably won't have a dramatic impact on the noise but, at least, is going to make things a little bit better if people want to walk there at night.
Sunday 31 May 2015 4.46pm
I am glad those poxy gas canisters have been banned.
Tuesday 2 June 2015 11.01pm
Yes so much better that people kill themselves using the more socially acceptable drug that is alcohol.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 6.51am
You're right, it is much better. At least it's regulated.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 8.35am
Kevinruairi wrote:
You're right, it is much better. At least it's regulated

Alcohol is at the bottom of the list of what is good for you. In the wrong hands (consumed by the wrong person), it has to be the most dangerous drug of them all, both to the user themselves and to others surrounding them. Regulation aside, I'd said that it's no better than laughing gas, let alone much better.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 11.59am
A lot of the misbehaviour is by the owners and drivers of cars so I'm assuming tht they haven't been drinking at least not to excess. That aside, there is a meeting [b]6.30pm Rockingham Community Centre Wednesday June 17thto address the issues. The Coronet have finally got off their complacent collective arses and will be attending this. Everyone should come and have their say about the continued disturbances in the area which are mostly of their doing. The Ministry O.S have been rather helpful about it overall.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions