London SE1 community website

Ministry of Sound/Coronet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Wednesday 3 June 2015 12.10pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Kevinruairi wrote:
You're right, it is much better. At least it's regulated

Alcohol is at the bottom of the list of what is good for you. In the wrong hands (consumed by the wrong person), it has to be the most dangerous drug of them all, both to the user themselves and to others surrounding them. Regulation aside, I'd said that it's no better than laughing gas, let alone much better.

From my experience, it is the most dangerous of all because it's regulated, I never respected it because it was legal, as mad as that sounds.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 12.21pm
This isn't a thread about bloody alcohol. It's about anti social behaviour and the practicalities of doing something about it in our locality. It's a real problem for the local residents.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 12.26pm
Blimey.

I might get a job as a doorman.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 12.28pm
Yes. Thank you for that comment.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 12.55pm
LilaSE1 wrote:
This isn't a thread about bloody alcohol. It's about anti social behaviour and the practicalities of doing something about it in our locality

This is a thread about alcohol. The problems you complain of are in the main fuelled by alcohol. Unless of course MOS and the Coronet are dry clubs. I thought not.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 1.17pm
Looking to ban alcohol may be a bigger issue. I think you are wandering off topic.I don;t disagree that used in excess alcohol is a dangerous drug.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 1.47pm
Reading the thread and where it started, I'd say it's about nuisance caused to residents, irrespective of what causes people to behave the way they do, whether it's booze, laughing gas or petrol fumes.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 3.32pm
Ahh the petrol fumes, what a year that was!
Wednesday 3 June 2015 4.48pm
Hi, we will be meeting with you on the 17th June and are looking forward to having some face to face contact with you all.

Cllr Karl Eastham has kindly forwarded some correspondence between Coronet, Southwark Council, Southwark Police and Licensing as well as councillors. If there is anybody who has been missed or may not be on Cllr Eastham's mailing list, please contact us direct on 02077011500 or by email to [email protected] and we will get a copy of the information to you prior to the meeting.

We are also happy to meet any residents prior to the June 17th meeting should anybody wish too.

Please be reassured that we have been working closely with the police and council for the past 12 months and are as keen as you are to see action taken in your area. Hopefully the information we are able to share will show that.
Wednesday 3 June 2015 6.46pm
boroughonian wrote:
Ahh the petrol fumes, what a year that was!

Yes, I figured you might have indulged, so I made a special effort to include you. Does it beat sniffing glue?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions